Chapter 14 - Alone

I know, some of you wanna kill me on the cliffhanger I left y'all on. Here is another chapter to fix that, but you probably still wanna smack me tho. Welp, Enjoy!

Adrien's POV

I walked though the door to my first class, exhausted because of not being able to sleep last night. I plopped down in my seat, not really noticing the people around me, and in my own world.

"Hey dude, you good?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up to see Nino with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah, just a long night with modeling and stuff. How are you doing?"

He sighed. "Well, as good as one can do considering all of school slavery, homework, and whatnot."

I look around and can see everyone in the classroom except for Marinette. I make eye contact with Alya and she gives me that 'I'll tell you later' look. Just then Mrs. Bustier walks in with a cheerful tone.

"Alright class, let's begin!"

Marinette's POV

I found myself awake for the past 2 hours, even though I was tired. I told my parents that I wasn't feeling well and they let me be. I also texted Alya that I won't make it to school today cause of mermaid reasons. Although, these excuses are not the reason.

I scroll though on my phone, looking at random things in the internet to distract me. Tikki eventually flies up to me in concern.

"Marinette, you okay?"

"Yeah, just a long night."

"Marinette, I'm the only one you can tell everything about you life. Are you sure you're okay?"

After she said that, I went hysterical. I felt new tears run down my already tear stained face and sobbed uncontrollably.

"No Tikki, I-I'm not o-okay! Chat p-probably hates me now a-and I can't tell h-him anything while keeping a secret. All this t-tail has done is cause trouble!"

Tikki flew beside me and sat on my knee. With a gentle voice, she spoke. "Marinette, would it help if you transformed and tried to reason with him. Especially after he's calmed down from last night?"

I took a deep breath and wiped the tears of my face. "Yeah, I guess I'll try that. Tikki, Spots On."

I was covered in a pink glowing light that when faded away, left me in my very familiar suit. I climbed up to me roof, looking around and checking if anyone could see or notice me. Once the way was clear, I pulled out my yo-yo and swung across Paris.

After some time, I found myself atop the Eiffel Tower, looking over the city. I sat down over the ledge and opened my bug phone. I dialed Chat's number, waiting in anticipation for an answer, but it went straight to voicemail.

"Hey, this is Chat Noir. I can't talk at the moment, but leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can."

"Hey Chat Noir, it's me Ladybug. I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I was awful and inconsiderate to you. Please come back, I, I can't do this without you. And if you can't come back for me, come back for the city, please don't let them suffer for my mistakes. I'm sorry."

I sent the message, exhaling slowly to control my emotions. I stared out across the skyline and finally, began to lose consciousness.

Time skip to right as school is over

I woke up suddenly, and realized I fell asleep on top of the tower. I quickly grab my bug phone and check the time, gasping when I saw it.