Chapter 7 - Lucky Charm

Sorry, tiny chapter. I promised to do one more chapter of this, but I got writers block and I tried. Short chapter, but any longer and it will probably sound like boring filler...Enjoy!

Edit: I changed the number on the chapter since I got it wrong.

Mari's POV

I zipped through the water and became invisible so Chat couldn't find me. I became still as he swam past me. After he left, I was going to sneak up on him, until something shiny caught my eye. I forgot all about being invisible and swam over to it. I picked it up and it sparked in the water.

It was a simple, silver heart charm with a single red ruby in the center and a silver chain. I studied it closely, to find out it was most likely real silver all the way through and the Ruby was real as well. 'That makes this worth a lot of money! What's it doing down here?'

"Whatcha got there Princess?"

I turned around so quickly I accidentally smacked Chat in the side with my tail. He flew 10 feet away in the water as I calmed down from the scare.

"Meouch! Your tail is strong!"

I rolled my eyes as he swam back over, over exaggerating by staring at my tail, with a hand in front to block any movements. He then saw the charm and swam up to it quickly, ignoring my 'aggressive' tail.

"Where did you find that? It's pure silver and a ruby! It's worth a lot!"

"I WAS sneaking up on you, but I saw this and got distracted. It's in good shape for being under water and no rust."

He reached out for it and I handed it to him. He looked at it closely, then unclasped the hook at the end of the necklace. He reached over to me and clasped the necklace around my neck, as I could feel my cheeks heat up. After he clipped it, he set the charm down, hanging on my neck. He then looked up at me sweetly.

"If you ever feel down about your situation or how you look, remember this pendant, it's as precious as you Pur-incess."

Chat's POV

After I said that, I began to blush, realizing fully what I just said and tried to correct it. "I..M..MEAN...y..you..ar..are...okay..no..um..we.." I buried my face in my hands with embarrassment as I felt a soft hand touch my shoulder. I looked up to Mari's soft eyes looking in mine.

"Thank you Chat. That was very sweet of you." Then her face scrunched up with worry. 'Aww, That's so cut-SHUP THE HECK UP BRAIN!' She talked to me in an almost scared tone.

"Chat, the akuma, is it any danger anymore?"

"No Pur-incess, I captured it and I hid it until Ladybug comes around."

She smiled then spoke with a sweet, cheery tone. "Can you take me home, I can't be seen by anyone."

I nodded. "Of course Pur-incess!" I looked out of the water and didn't see anyone, so I got out and called off my water transformation. I looked around again to make sure the coast was clear, then signaled Mari. She reached her hands up and I pulled her up and held her bridal style. I looked down at her bluebell eyes, filled with 'concentration?' Suddenly, I couldn't see her or me. I jumped in shock, nearly dropping an invisible mass.

"What happened Marinette? Where are you and where am I?"

I heard a faint giggle where I was holding her. "I can keep us invisible to not raise suspicion, but you must hurry."

"Whatever you say Pur-incess!"

I grab my baton and vault across the city, praying not to fall. I eventually made it to Marinette's balcony and went inside. I could now see myself again, as well as Marinette. She had fallen asleep from the energy she used. I laid her down on her bed, still a mermaid. I pulled a blanket over her to hide the tail in case her parents came up. Her hair was loose, flowing freely down. She had a faint smile on her face, like she just found out some really good news. I have no idea why but I leaned down, closed my eyes, and gently kissed her forehead. 'What the heck are you thinking?! You Love Ladybug!' But as I leaned up from the kiss and left to my house, a new feeling came over me. And the more I thought about Ladybug, the more those thoughts became mere memories...

Ok, I promise i'm Going for an Adrinette-type story here, but to get there, it just takes some time. Yes, I know, Chat kissed Mari, but she was asleep. She's doesn't know that. You never know the future with me....Probably b/c I don't even know my own future...

🐞Bug Out!🐞