Chapter 4 - The Canal

Ok....So, I am developing the worst writers block in history. I know exactly what to write in one of my other stories, but this one just draws a blank. I tried, but it's not as good as other ones I have made. I might put this one on hold, but I hate doing that to myself any you guys b/c I always want to know the endings of stories. Enjoy!

A week later at 9:00 P.M.

Chat Noir's POV

I was in the Canal Saint-Martin with water powers from Plagg, waiting for Marinette. She said that she would be free today, so she wanted to talk to me about her abilities. I heard a whisper from above the water.

"Chat! Are you there?"

I saw Mari just above me looking around in the water. She didn't see me yet. I got an evil idea. 'How about I pull her in.' I cautiously looked around to see if any pedestrians were near. I didn't see anyone and I grinned. Mari walked up close to the water. My hands shot out, grabbed her, and yanked her in. She made a giant splash behind me. I started laughing hard until I felt something grab my legs and yank me under the water. After I regained my bearings, I saw Mari with her red tail, laughing her head off.

"Oh my gosh Chat! You're face when I pulled you under was priceless..!"

I rolled my eyes. "Well, Cats don't usually fancy being pulled into water."

"Oh come on! You're fine!" She reached over and poked me in the shoulder. "You're it!" She swam off quite fast. 'Oh, it's on!' I swam after her following her red streaky tail.

After swimming for awhile, I lost her. I slowed down and looked both ways as I swam. I heard water movement behind me, so I turned around and saw...nothing. I kept hearing the whooshing of water and was so confused. Then I had an idea. I heard the noise again and I swung my arm around and grabbed at the water. I looked at what I was grabbing, but I saw nothing. Then I saw Mari appear in front of me.

"Aww, you found out my trick...!"

"You can become invisible?! No Fair!"

I let her go as she swam around be unbelievably fast. All I could see was water and slight air bubbles around me. When she stopped, she looked dizzy. She fell down and I caught her and lifted her back up.

"I can go fast, but I get tired so quickly afterwards. Oh guess what else I can do!"

"Become a real fish?"

She nudged me in my arm. I rubbed my arm pretending it hurt. "Meouch Princess!"

She laughed then continued. "Come under the bridge and I'll show you."

We both swam down to the bridge close. We swam to the top of the water and rose above the water up to the middle of our chests. She lifted her hands out of the water and aimed them at the water in front of us. Suddenly the water began to boil. She then changed her angle slightly and the water began to freeze.

"Wow Mari! You have really cool powers, unlike my single destructive attack..."

Mari returned the water to it's normal state and looked at me. "We both know Ladybug needs you, don't diss your own powers!"

"Ok, Ok, Fine! I have miraculous powers...And you have purr-fect powers!" I grinned and dove under water. Mari came down just as fast. I started to swim away, but a sudden ice wall appeared in front of me. I turned around, but I was enclosed with Mari in the ice. She lifted both her hands up and the water around my wrists froze to the wall behind me. She moved the water so I was as straight as a board, pinned to ice with my arms at my sides and ankles together. She swam up to me. I smirked at her face.

"Tell me your powers are the best."

"No! I can't Princess, you know that...!"

"Then I'll make you say it." She went up to me and took my baton. "I heard you can text Ladybug on this..." My eyes widened with fear.

"No, No Please don't!"

"Tell me that you have the best powers...!"

"I...I..can't!"

"Typing to Ladybug...!"

"No Stop it!"

"And, ready to send! Do you have anything to say?"

"No! Give it back...! Fine! I have the best powers....."

"Send!"

"WhAt!?"

The ice around me melted and I darted to my baton. She handed it to me snickering. I opened the message and nearly died just then. I read the message in my head. 'Hey M'lady! Your so awesome! My puns are always terrible, I'm so sorry for them. Good Day!' I turned to Mari who was dying of laughter.

"Oh My Gosh Chat! I..I..Can't...breathe!"

"Mari!" I looked at her with pouty eyes.

She finally managed to stop laughing. "I can talk to Ladybug, she told me to call her number if something went wrong after she helped me."

I sighed in relief. "My Gosh Mari! You really know how to scare someone." She swam up to the surface. I followed her. She stared at the sky for a bit, then turned to me. "Can you take me home? I don't know if I can get dry fast enough for someone to not see me."

I nodded. I got out of the water and called off my water transformation. I looked around to make sure no one was watching, then I grabbed Mari's hands outstretched toward me. I carried her bridal style while using one of my hands to launch us across Paris with my baton.

After I got inside Mari's room, I laid her mermaid-self gently on her bed. She looked at me as she outstretched her hand to her tail as it began to steam. "Thanks Chat!" I gestured to her smoking tail. "Are you going to be okay?" She looked at it and back at me. "Oh no, it's fine. You see in a few secon-" She stopped speaking and closed her eyes as a pink light enveloped her. I watched as her tail was changed back into legs and she became a human again. She opened her eyes. "I was heating up the water on my tail to dry it."

"Well, Farewell Princess, until next time!" I bowed to her, then jumped out of her room and headed home.

Short, simple story right now. It's gonna take some time to develop the plot. The only thing I know for sure is that when the Cruise comes up in the storyline, it should get better. I tried falling asleep, but I can't so I decided to post instead. I do actually have to try and sleep though.

🐞Bug Out!🐞