Chapter 8 - Friendly Advice

It's a miracle! I have finally updated! It's been like, forever since I last posted anything. I have loads of school work to catch up on still, since I got sick. I'm getting through it though and I hope none of you guys find and strangle me for not updating. Imma go hide in a box now. Enjoy!

That night

Mari's POV

I woke up in my room to the sound of something on my roof. I immediately went into defense mode, got out of my bed, and turned invisible. My lights were off, so I couldn't see very well. I heard my trapdoor open and a black figure climbed down the ladder, closed the trapdoor, and begin to move towards me. Still invisible, I picked up a pillow and threw it at the black figure. After he spoke, I realized who it was.

"Meouch, Pur-incess! It's just me, who else could possibly get in via your roof?"

I became visible again and spoke back, still blinded by the darkness.

"I don't know, an akuma victim? It's happened before. Can you turn on the light? Not everyone has night vision like you."

I heard a slight chuckle and then the lights turned on. When my eyes adjusted to the sudden light, I saw Chat leaning over my design desk at my drawings. I freaked out, ran over to my desk, and covered it with a blanket.

"These aren't that important. The designs look bad anyway. What brings you here this late?"

Chat raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Well, I'm not sure that your designs are bad, your feathered derby caught the eye of the famous fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste."

I immediately went into Agreste-has-been-mentioned stutter mode. "N..no never! I can't even-, the design was so-, Ugh! I'm just a high school girl with random ideas."

I covered my face in embarrassment at my stuttering. When I peek, I see Chat holding the blanket I covered my designs with and was looking over at them. I sigh in defeat and look down at my designs. Chat points to one and questioned me.

"What is the purpose of this one?"

I look closer at it and see it was a swimsuit with a pattern of my alter-ego.

"Oh! I designed this based off of Ladybug. It's a swimsuit i made before I got my tail, planning to use it on the cruise-WAIT...OH HOLY- I'M SO SCREWED!"

Chat laughed. "Yea, I don't think your tail is gonna fit in that suit anytime soon!"

I looked at him with pleading eyes. "You don't understand! My class is going on a cruise! Tomorrow!"

He looked confused and tilted his head. "How is that bad?"

I sighed is despair. "Chat, so your dense brain can compute, I am going on a cruise. Cruises are generally on water. Water triggers my transformation."

Who else agrees with me that lots of guys are dense? And it's the ones you think are educated that are the worst...

He stood there, dumbfounded for a few seconds, then his eyes widened in realization. "Oh...OH...OH! What are you gonna do about it?"

I grab my phone and nearly drop it in shock in how many messages there are on it. 6 missed calls and 8 unread messages from Alya.I lift my phone screen up so Chat can see it.

"I think it's time I told my best friend Alya about this."

Like 5 minutes later b/c Alya wastes no time

I paced back and forth in my room, planning on how I would tell her. Chat left before Alya came over and mentioned before he left saying maybe Adrien could help. 'As if?! I can barely even talk to him!' I heard a noise, so I looked up from the ground while pacing and saw Alya in my room.

"Ok Gurl! What's the emergency? Did you get hurt? Don't know what to wear? Overheard something about Adrien?"

I shot her a look after the last question while she tried to suppress her laughter. When she focused back on me, I looked back at her with a controlled glare.

"It is in fact, NOT about Adrien."

"Ok then, what? Spill the beans!"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.I made sure the entrances to my room were locked, then I grabbed a glass of water and sat on my couch. I gestured for Alya to sit in my desk chair. She walked over and sat down, then looked at me, totally confused. I closed my eyes and poured the whole glass on my legs. Alya jumped up and looked at the dripping water.

"Marinette! What was that for?"

I shrugged my shoulders and then I began to transform. Alya held her hand up to block the bright, pink light. When the light died down, Alya was staring at me, wide eyes. She pointed and 'finally' was the one to stutter this time.

"Mari..Y..Your..You have..."

I was going to make the chapter longer, but I decided against it. You guys at least needed something to go off from since I haven't updated in forever. Should I include Alya's POV for this? Or not? Let me know in comments and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Still hiding in that box from anyone ready to strange me FYI.

🐞Bug Out!🐞