Chapter 2 - Fish-Lady?

Sorry for the long wait. School had me worried because I managed to get a D- in English. Luckily, last night, I brought it back up to a B-. I am so sorry, but I think I have to ditch a strict posting schedule. One thing is for sure though, I will make sure to post 1 Chapter on any of my stories a week. So so sorry for the inconvenience. Anyway, Enjoy!

Mari's POV

I was frightened at what I saw, I screamed. "Tikki?! Why am I a fish?! Change me back!" From my waist down, my legs had become a tail, covered in different bight shades of red on my scales. I had a bare chest with only a red seashell bra on. My hair was wet and wavy, out of it's usual ponytails.

Tikki flew over to me and murmured to herself. "This is all my fault..." I was confused. "Why is this your fault Tikki?" She flew over to my face. I healed you as AquaTikki. I must've given you -aqua- powers..."

"Marinette are you ok up there? We heard you scream, is everything alright?"

"Yeah I'm good mom I just got excited, that's all!"

I frantically questioned Tikki. "Has this happened before? How do I become a human again? What should I do?" Tikki answers as fast as she could. "Yes, It has, dry off an-" Tikki quickly hid, telling me someone was coming. Before I had a chance to react, Chat Noir jumped in my room through the rooftop trapdoor.

"I was on patrol and heard you scream. Is everything alright Princess?"

Then he looked at me and did a double take. "M..Mari?"

Chat Noir's POV

I was on patrol tonight. I insisted that Ladybug stay home because of her injury. I was sitting on some rooftop when I heard a scream from Marinette's house. 'What is going on?' I got up and jumped with my baton to get to Mari's house. 'Is she ok? Did she hurt herself?' I got onto her roof and opened her trapdoor and jumped in. As I closed the trapdoor, I questioned Mari's scream.

"I was on patrol and heard you scream. Is everything alright Princess?"

Then I looked over at her and nearly fell over. "M..Mari?" From her waist down, she had a tail, with scales of all different shades of bright red. She had no shirt, only a red seashell bra on. Her hair was long and wavy. 'Wow, Mari looks good with her hair dow-Arg..what am I thinking?!' Mari's harsh whisper snapped me out of my daze.

"Chat! Help me, grab the towels over in that corner!" She pointed to a corner of her room, where a stack of pink towels lay. I ran over and grabbed them all. I ran back over to Mari and bent down on my knees. I set the towels down as she grabbed one and began to rub herself. Then she looked back at me.

"Well, What are you waiting for? Help me dry my tail!"

I grabbed one of the towels and began drying her tail where she couldn't reach. Then I began to question her. "How did you get a tail, and for how long?!" She sighed as she got a new, dry towel to dry her hair. "I have no idea how I got a tail, and that scream that led you here was me finding out for the first time." I was going to ask another question, but then her tail began to glow. I closed my eyes at the bright light. When I opened then again, Mari was standing up with her legs. I stood up and walked with her to her couch. I decided to start the conversation.

"What strange out-of-the-ordinary thing happened today before this?"

"Well, I got stabbed in the gut with a pole before the akuma attacked today. After he attack was over, Ladybug saw me in pain. She walked over to me and said she would try to heal me with her luck. When I woke up, I was in my room. Everything was fine until I fell off my bed and became a fish-lady."

I laughed. "I think the term your looking for is mermaid."

"I don't want to believe it just yet..."

"How did you transform?"

"I don't know I fell off my be over there." She pointed to her bed and I stood up and walked over to inspect. There was a few things on the floor, but what caught my attention, was the glass of spilled water. 'Could that trigger the transformation?' I grabbed the cup with what water was left in it. I walked over to where Mari was sitting, cup in hand.

"What are you doing Chat?"

Without giving her warning, I splashed the remaining water on her.

"Hey! What was that fo-" she began to glow again. When he light died down, she was a mermaid again, stretched out across her couch. I lifted the glass. "I think I found the trigger Princess..."

She groaned and rolled her eyes. "Thanks Captain Obvious. Now help dry me again please?"

After she changed back into a human again, she got up and gingerly took the glass of water and set it elsewhere. We both sat down on her couch again. I was gonna ask her what she wanted to do about it, but she just started sobbing in her hands. I pulled her close to me, hugging her with one arm and stroking her hair with the other hand. I kept telling her words of encouragement like "It's ok Mari." or "Your safe right here." After she stopped crying she asked me a deep question. "What do you think about it? What will I do in public now?" I carefully worded my answer so that it didn't sound messed up in any way.

"I think you tail is amazing. I don't quite know how to solve the water issue in public, but I'm sure you can find a way. You always do."

She took a deep breath. "Thanks Chat...."

"No problem....I Better get going now, my Father can't know I haven't been in my room for 3 hours."

She sat up. "Well, at least crying doesn't activate it."

I laughed. "Do you want me to come back tomorrow night and check on you?"

"That would be nice. I'm still processing my being a giant fish"

"Ok see ya later, Princess."

The storyline is going so fast right now. It will slow down a bit, after I get writing near the plot of the story. I want this story to be a decent bit long and not a simple, lest that 10 Chapter story. See ya'll guys later!

🐞Bug Out!🐞