Chapter 6 - Almost an Akuma

Everyone, I wish you a safe and healthy rest of the season, because corona has spread much more than it should have. Enjoy!

2 hours later

Mari's POV

I was sitting at my sewing desk, working on a project, and thinking of what happened earlier. We left the beach about an hour and a half ago. Adrien had a photo shoot, so we left early. 'He found out about my secret too! Well, one of my secrets...' Tikki noticed my dreary behavior.

"Hey Mari, I'm sure Adrien won't tell, if that's what you're worried about."

I set my project down on my desk and leaned back in my chair. I sighed and looked over at Tikki, who looked concerned.

"Well, I know he won't, but I feel like he will start treating me strangely, like I have some weird disease. I don't want to look like a lunatic!"

I began sobbing in my hands, feeling awful and wanting to turn back time to change that moment. I felt Tikki as she hugged the side of my arm with her tiny arms. Even though that normally made me feel better, it didn't do much to help. I was crying so much that I was glad tears wouldn't turn me into a mermaid. Suddenly, Tikki let go and shouted at me.

"Mari run! Don't transform, he will find out your identity because of the aura you give when you become Ladybug. Run!

I quickly look up because of the seriousness in Tikki's voice. I see an akuma enter my window, coming for me. I sprint out of my bedroom and downstairs. The akuma is still following close behind, so I get an idea. 'Butterflies hate water, right?' I run outside and toward the canal as fast as possible.

Adrien/Chat Noir's POV

"Adrien! A little to the left please!"

I inwardly sighed as I complied with the directions. 'I hate photo shoots...' I finished up the last photo and a sense of relief washed over me. I was allowed 1 hour after each photo shoot to walk around and do anything I want, without supervision. As I was walking alongside the canal, I saw Mari sprinting over. I looked a little further behind her and my eyes widened. I saw an akuma following her. Right before the akuma hit her, she jumped in the canal, the akuma flying above, but not daring to touch the water. 'Yes! Mari made it!' Then I remembered that I needed to do something about that akuma. I ran off and dashed into an alley. Plagg floated out in front of me.

"Don't tell me we have to go help your Princess...."

"Ok I won't. Plagg, Power Up! AquaPlagg, Claws Out!"

I grabbed a clear jar that I found 'conveniently' in the alley. I rushed off to where I saw Mari jump in and sure enough, I saw the akuma. I captured it in the jar and hid it somewhere safe, so I could give it to Ladybug when I saw her again. I came back to the canal, made sure no one was watching, and jumped in. I saw Mari, sitting at the bottom of the canal. 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I swam over to her and gently set my hand on her shoulder. She didn't even flinch. I spoke the first words.

"What's wrong Princess?"

She responded in a monotone voice, stating at the rocks below her.

"I'm fine Chat."

'She was clearly not fine.' I swam in front of her, going down enough that she could see my face. I spoke up to her in a gentle voice.

"On a scale of one to ten, how bad is the problem. And are you willing to tail me everything?"

I got a tiny smile from Mari. Grinning, goal accomplished, I swam to her side and wrapped one arm around her and looked at her face. She turned her head and her bluebell eyes met my vivid green. When she spoke, the words I least expected came out of her mouth.

"Adrien found out my secret today, and I don't want him treating me differently, like I can't handle myself."

'I don't mind the tail, I will be acting the same around her, why does she think otherwise?' "Why would he treat you differently?"

"Because I'm one, big, giant fish who can't touch water in public."

"Hey! You're not a big fish! Big fish are big, ugly, and fat. You are most definitely not."

She looked over at me with a smirk. 'Oh No...' "Did you just call me cute?"

"No! I didn't, I was describing something else!"

She pouted. "So I am ugly?"

I inwardly groaned as I began to develop a slight blush. "No! You are not! You're beautiful!" Then I realized what I said, rather shouted, out. I began blushing furiously and quickly lifted my hand to my face to cover it. She laughed at my reaction and pulled my hand of my face as she looked at me in the eyes.

"Chat, Thank you for saying it, I really needed to hear it. Even if you are totally embarrassed about it."

The blush faded to a mild pink. When I really looked at her, I could tell that she really was unique. 'Her hair is so silky, the twinkle in her eyes, the beautiful red scales on her tail, the welcoming smile, her-HOLD UP WHAT THE CRAP AM I THINKING?!' She was smiling at me, but it slowly turned into a smirk.

"Race you to the largest bridge!"

"Oh, it's on!"

Oof, it's a small chapter... Sorry about that. I should get them longer soon, but after school was closed due to the disease of corona, I have much more school work, online, without an explanation from the teacher... I still try at least. Hope this chapter isn't crappy.

🐞Bug Out!🐞