Chapter 13 - Gone

It's been soo long since I have written. Just read the chapter, I'll talk about it after.

Marinette's POV

I was still, waiting for Chat to put the two and two together. My eyes were shut tight, waiting for the realization to hit him. I became visible again and opened my eyes to see Chat looking at me with concern.

"Are you okay?"

I was stunned at his response. I nodded my head, as I was at a loss of words. He sighed in relief and embraced me with a quick, but heartfelt hug. Chat pulled away, but didn't let go of my hand as he looked around.

"Did you see where Ladybug went?"

Thinking quickly to myself in relief that he didn't realize, I make up an excuse on the spot, hoping he would buy it.

"Yeah, that's umm... that's why I was here. She went in the water and I wanted to ask her a question, but she was about to transform back and asked me to cover for her."

"So Ladybug is okay as well?"

I nodded quickly.

"Yeah, she's completely fine right now."

He let go of my hand while still looking around, baffled by not being able to find Ladybug.

"If you see her, please let me know, I need to know she's okay."

Before I could say anything, he left me in the water to search for her. I sighed in relief, trying to think of a cover story.

'I could say I was looking for, no wait, that won't work. Maybe I could explain I was tryin- OH SHOOT ALYA IS GONNA WONDER WHAT HAPPENED'

I remembered that school was already out by now and Alya would be wondering where I went. I dragged myself out of the water while invisible and dried myself off. After I could stand, I gave Tikki a cookie and ran home as fast as possible.

When I got home, I swung the door open and booked it to my room, feeling my parents giving me a strange look as I scrambled up the stairs. I shoved the trapdoor open, jumped inside my room, and let it slam closed. Heaving and out of breath, I turned around to see Alya with a confused look on her face at my presence.

"Why are yo-"

"I'll tell you everything, just- let me breathe for a minute."

I plopped down on my couch, taking deep breaths to steady my breathing. I organized the thoughts in my head, then began to slowly speak.

"Well, it began when I hit my head."

Chat Noir/Adrien's POV

I vaulted across Paris in a panic, looking for any sign of red anywhere. I dialed her bug phone and once again, went straight to voicemail. 'Is she okay? Did she get badly injured?'

After 2 hours of searching, I went home, with no luck with finding Ladybug or if she's okay. I jumped inside my room though the window, closing it, destransforming, and walking to my computer as Natalie walked in.

"Adrien, time for supper."

"Okay, thanks Natalie."

She leaves the room with a nod and I it down in my chair, running my hand though my hair and thinking over everything that had happened. 'Does she hate me now? Was it something I said? Will she be out for patrol tonight?' I stand up out of my chair, and began to slowly trudge to the Dining room to eat.

As usual, there is food ready at one end of the table. I walk over to the table and pull out a seat as Natalie once again enters the room.

"You're father will not be joining you in tonight, he has some business matters to deal with."