Chapter One

Bellamy POV

The sweet scent of peonies and hyacinth washed over me as I stepped into work this morning, brushing off the splashes of light rainfall

The sweet scent of peonies and hyacinth washed over me as I stepped into work this morning, brushing off the splashes of light rainfall. The table was already a battlefield of daisies and I suspected Frida had been working with them again, after getting a double delivery she has been finding ways to use them in all our pre-made bouquets.

"Good morning Deary." Frida the small older lady that owned the shop called out to me from the back room.

"Morning Frida. I see you have the daisies out again" while she was making her morning cup of tea I tried to tidy up the desk as much as possible, for when customers started to arrive.

"Yeah, to no luck. But today is another day chickee and we might get an order" I nod along not wanting to disappoint but recently not many people have been buying our flowers, especially for weddings or events. Out back Frida left a trail of daisy cuttings on the stock room floor, which wouldn't be the first time. I swept them up and started organising our bouquet ribbons.

I colour coordinated the ribbons and started watering some of the plants we grow in the little garden behind the shop. Lavender and lilac was my favourite, just the scent alone was calming but they looked beautiful which was a plus. This little garden sometimes felt like it was the only place in the whole city that was quiet. You could get lost in thoughts here. Happy thoughts most of the time.

"Deary someone is here to place an order would you mind assisting her?" Frida called out.

Yes, finally a customer who isn't just going to buy a few roses and then leave I hoped. An actual order. Scrapping the mud of my shoes I stepped into the store front, delighted by the sweet looking customer. Her dark auburn hair brushed her shoulders against her yellow coat surrounding her gorgeous curves. She had plump peachy lips and big blue eyes, which I always envied.

I know jealousy is the nicest quality, however seeing such beautiful girls around me, made me feel plain

Stood right out side the shop was a man in a suit he seemed to be watching the customer and hovering, which made me feel uneasy.

"Hiya, how can I help you today?" I asked trying to focus on the order at hand.

" I have a big party coming up and my florist cancelled at the last minute, the party is in two days and I need around 50 floral centre pieces. Please is there any way you could do it?" She rambled off clearly under pressure and I could tell why, this would be a big job and two days was not much time to do it.

"50? Gosh, for two days' time?"

"Yes, I know it's a big job, but I will pay double. Please tell me you can do it". Her eyes glistened and I could see she was helpless.

"Of course, we can help, what type of flowers are you looking for?" I pulled out my notebook to dot her order down, using my sparkly pen.

"You are a lifesaver thank you so much! Anything you think looks good really, there just has to be some deep rich colours and some foliage. Those were my instructions". She laughed, a weight lifting off her shoulders. However, this job would probably mean an all-nighter to get it done.

"And will you be picking them up or do you want our delivery service?"

"Delivery please", she pulled out her purse handing me the deposit and wrote down the party's address.

"Thank you so much for everything, I will see you in two days then". She turned to head out, but I couldn't stop the worry about the man stood outside.

"Oh Miss... ummm, do you know the man outside just he kept looking in at you. We have a back door if you want to use it, or I could ring someone for you?".

"He is just my driver. But thank you girlie." She stepped out onto the busy street the tall man outside instantly putting up an umbrella to protect her hair.

These people do have money.

Must be nice.

For the next day me and Frida got to work arranging the flowers for the party, once we had chosen our selection we wanted it was just a matter of making them look prettier, for now we only had to tie them with ribbons as the vases were at the venue and I would help set up on the day.

The party is tomorrow, and I needed a good night's rest for the drive, which I found out this morning was an hour away out of the city centre. Locking up the shop I headed back to my flat.

It was just a studio apartment, but I didn't need much space, I didn't own many belongings

It was just a studio apartment, but I didn't need much space, I didn't own many belongings. It was fairly plain as all the colourful things I wanted to buy were a little out of my price range. However, the one thing I did cherish was my stuffie, snowdrop, a little white bunny with light blue eyes and paws. She comforts me when I have nightmares or am in little space. Like a comfort blanket but cuter.

Settling into bed I hold snowdrop tight, wishing for a peaceful night's rest and wondering what tomorrow will bring.