Chapter Twelve

Bellamy's POV

The staircase looked even more ginormous than usual, but I guess there is not turning back, I have to get use to this or the other option would be dying, and I don't really feel like that today. Finally, I stand at the top of the stairs and can see everyone huddled at the bottom, I see Diego stood on the bottom step, he must be who is helping me down. As I slowly walk down the stairs I could see some familiar faces but some new ones, there was a male stood next Juliet who I assumed to be July that Vierra was talking about. Everyone was dressed lovely as I search round the room lastly planting my eyes on Atticus her was hovering next to Diego and whispered something in his ear before taking his place, which seem peculiar but I didn't question it.

Atticus met me half way interlocking our arms so he could guide me down. Once in the foyer, everyone parted allowing us to walk to the front door and out into the Tesla waiting out front. I could see a series of cars behind ours I presumed for everyone else.

Climbing into the back seat, Atticus followed suit round the other side and the driver pulled away from the estate.

This all feels so surreal , they are treating me like I'm royalty. Imagine if when I arrived I denied them. Would be kind of amusing to see their expressions.

"Why are you smiling?" Atticus finally spoke.

"Oh, nothing sorry" I pushed out, looking out of the window watching the sun slowly set.

I looked sneakily over at his suit this one had cuff links that looked extremely expensive and had their family crest engraved onto the silver metal. I recognised it from the cover of the book I was given.

"Where are we going?" I look at him, trying to be polite and not ignoring his presence.

"I can't tell you, but Vierra has put your spare clothes in the back of the car".

"Okay..... Why do I need spare clothes?"

" I can't tell you that either " He grunts.

"Is there anything you can tell me?" I snap back with a little more attitude than I expected.

"You look lovely this evening" I look down at my lap slightly embarrassed by my behaviour, "Shame it doesn't match that attitude".

I scowl at him which just results in him chuckling at me, I face the window again not wanting to be insulted more.

After half an hour we pulled up to what looked like a forest. Atticus got out first and then opened the door for me. This all seemed sketchy, was I wrong were they going to kill me after all, this is a secluded place, in the dark, I can't see the other cars anywhere.

Atticus held out his arm for me to take so he could head me in the right direction. Pulling back slightly I tensed up not trusting the plan for this evening. Would Vierra lie to me? This would be some elaborate plan just to kill me.

"What's wrong?" Atticus stepped forward his face only illuminated by the moons reflection.

"Are you going to kill me?" I whisper out not looking up at him however I can feel his breathing on my skin.

"Are you taking the oath?" He asked his voice thick with seriousness.

"Yes"

"Than no I will not be killing you. Trust me it would be easier to".

"Easier? What do you mean by that? I look up now into his eyes that seemed to be completely black.

"Well.... you are a distraction. Which is something I don't need as a leader. Distractions, soft spots, weaknesses they all make you vulnerable. And a Don cannot be vulnerable." He fiddled with his cuff links as if this conversation made him feel uncomfortable, which was odd because his ego and confidence seemed huge at times.

"How am I a distraction?" I ask pouting my lip a little at the thought of being a issue for people it made me sad that I was already a difficulty and I hadn't even joined yet.

"We don't have time for this, now be a good girl and follow me" He held out his hand which I took in mine and was pulled through a jungle of trees and flowers. Passing little streams and large boulders till finally we reached a clearing.

Atticus guided me to a ledge which looked down to the most amazing pool of water

Atticus guided me to a ledge which looked down to the most amazing pool of water. In the water below was the other members of the family floating in the water now changed into swimwear.

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck

Why did I let Vierra choice my dress? why didn't I decide to wear a bra? Why was this activity chosen when the women have to wear WHITE dresses?

"You look a little tense?" Atticus spoke as we peered down into the abyss.

"I'm confused".

"Well, every member has to do something dangerous to be allowed into the family. I have to accompany every new member. Your task is jumping into the lagoon."

"JUMP!"

My mind raced with everything wrong with this task, how incredibly scary and dangerous it was and something that I would never do.

"Yes and watch the volume little girl". He grunted. "Now I will be with you and once you do this, the fun can start."

My fingers find their place fiddling with my sleeve trying to pull it over my hands. "You will be with me?" I whisper out aware they I could hear a few people speaking asking what was taking us long.

"Yes". He took my hand and held it.

"Bellamy Orman, do you swear your life to the Morelli Family?"

He voice dropped any sense of playful tone and his voiced boomed so the members below could hear him.

"Yes" I confidently say out hoping that my usually timid voice could be heard. Atticus' voice reduced to a whisper so only I could hear now.

" Jump mi amor" (my love)

Our hands clasped tight as we jumped of the ledge hurtling towards to clear water below. The rocky walls became a blur as we fell mine and Atticus' laughs harmonising together, till we landed, plunging into the cold pool of water.

Our heads came back up to surface after we had sucken beneath the deep lagoon.

"You jump I jump Jack" I giggle once Atticus has caught his breath.

"What the hell does that mean?" He chuckled grabbing my waist to keep me afloat.

"Oh no I need to teach you a lot" I pulled away swimming to a rock to climb up. I cover my chest knowing that the cold water had hardened my nipples and they are visible through the fabric.

"Everyone our newest member will now change into a dress of her choosing and will meet us back at the house" Atticus spoke once he finally was on shore with the rest of the members.

"A car will take you back alone and then the party can commence." His final statement sent everyone off leaving me by the side of the lagoon alone.

However I feel like I have a home to return to.

---------
God I love Atticus at times!

I really hope some people got the "you jump I jump jack" reference. 😂😂