1; girl meets Eric

9th grade

9th grade.

It was Delilah's first year in high school. She was terrified of change, even if this wasn't the biggest one, it still scared her.

She looked around the hallway looking for her locker and accidentally bumped into someone.

"Sorry!" She looked at the boy and say no other than Eric Matthews. The school's pretty boy.

"Don't worry. Are you okay? You seem lost." He said with his typical grin.

"I am. I can't find my locker." The girl showed him her locker information and Eric nodded.

"Lucky for you, mine's close to it." He said and the girl followed him.

"I'm Delilah, by the way. Delilah Lawrence." She introduced herself.

"Eric Matthews, your locker neighbor." He said pointing at her locker.

"Thanks Eric."

"No problem." He smiled and walked to his class.

After that day, Eric and Delilah began a weird friendship. They would talk a lot when they were on their lockers, but out of that they barely saw each other.

Until one day.

Delilah knocked on the Matthews door and waited anxiously for someone to open.

She heard the door open as she fidgeted with her fingers.

"Hi!" Mrs. Matthews said. "Come in!"

Delilah walked inside and looked at the place, seeing a tall man.

"This is my husband, Alan. Thank you for taking care of Morgan. She's in the kitchen. Morgan!" Mrs. Matthews called her.

A blond girl ran inside the room and stood next to her mother.

"This is Delilah, she's going to babysit you today ok?" The woman talked to Morgan and the girl looked at Delilah with a smile.

"Hello!" She said and Delilah waved at her.

"Ok, we have to go. Bedtime's at 7:00pm," she talked and the moved closer to the girl, "but tomorrow is not school night, so you can stay until 8:00 if she behaves."

"Understood." Delilah said with a smile.

"My younger son Cory will be sleeping at his friend's house, but the older should be here before we get back." Alan talked.

"If he gets back before we arrive, you can go. Here, what we agreed." Amy gave her the money and she put in in her bag.

"Thanks again." Alan said and looked at Morgan.

"Goodbye baby!" They said goodbye to their daughter and then left.

"So... You have to take care of me?" Morgan looked up at Delilah.

"Mhm, are you ok with it?" She said sitting on the sofa.

"I don't have any other option." Morgan smiled at her.

The two girls played for a while and then Delilah decided it was time to have dinner.

"Are you hungry?" She asked the girl and she nodded. "Let's go."

They walked to the kitchen and Delilah helped Morgan sit on the aisle. While the younger one played with her doll, she started scanning the fridge for the food. She finally decided to make stake with potato.

She decided to make more than they needed, to save it for the family.

"Do you think your brother will be hungry when he gets home?" Delilah asked and Morgan shrugged her shoulders.

After they had dinner and Delilah washed the dishes she looked at the clock. 6:45.

"What do you want to do now?" She looked at Morgan.

The kid smirked and ran upstairs confusing the older. Then, she walked downstairs with some tea toys in her hands.

"Want some tea?"

They played for a while, until Delilah saw it was 7:30.

"Morgan, why don't you show me your room?" Delilah asked with an idea in her mind.

"Yes!" The kid stood up and ran upstairs.

Delilah picked up the toys before following her upstairs.

When she entered the room she looked around with her mouth open.

"Morgan, how do you sleep here?"

"What do you mean?" The blonde said sitting on her bed.

"There's toys everywhere! You need to clean this place." She looked at Morgan making her frown.

"But that's boring." Morgan said.

"Didn't you say you wanted to be like me and the girls your brother dates?" Delilah asked and Morgan nodded. "Well, we all tidy our rooms. So, what if we clean up and I help you? To show you how older girls do it." Delilah offered and Morgan nodded frenetically.

It didn't take much time to put everything in its place. So after ten minutes the room was like new.

"Am I old now?" Morgan asked.

"Now you're ten minutes older!" She said and Morgan jumped in excitement.

"Can we watch a movie?" Morgan asked and Delilah nodded.

They walked downstairs and sat on the couch watching Snowwhite. It took a few minutes until Morgan cuddled the older one with a tired expression.

Delilah looked at the clock. 7:58.

When she was about to take the girl to her bed, the door opened.

She looked at the door expecting Mrs. And Mr. Matthews, but instead Eric was there.

"Delilah?"

"Eric!" Morgan said standing up to hug her brother. "Look, this is my new friend, Delilah. She's like the pretty girls you date."

Eric bent down as Delilah chuckled and smiled at Morgan.

"Yes, she is! Now, let's go to bed!" He took her sister and started walking upstairs. "You're coming?" He looked at Delilah.

"Sure." She stood up and followed them.

"You got her to clean?" Eric asked. "Nice!"

"It was easy. Just a little kid manipulation." Delilah said and Eric chuckled looking at his sleepy sister.

"Never fails."