26; girl meets The End

"Delilah?"

"Delilah?"

The girl turned around and so someone she never expected to see again.

"Minkus!" She stood up from the bench she   was sitting on and hugged the boy. "It's been a long time!"

"Yeah, it has." They sat down and looked at the park, "I've heard you've gotten into Yale."

"Yeah," She smiled, "But I don't think I'm going."

"Why not?" He asked in confusion.

"Well, first of all, I like Pennbrook." She looked at him, "And second, you see that boy over there?" She pointed at Jack, who was playing with a ball near them. "He's my boyfriend."

"Oh," Minkus nodded, "you're not going to Yale for a boy." He smiled, "Sounds like something you would do." He joked.

"What do you mean?"

"You've always been scared of changes, Lilah." He started, "It's just normal that you get him as your excuse."

"He's not an excuse." She looked that him and back at Minkus, "I love him. We've been dating for months now, and I like where this is going." She paused, "I'd really like to see where it is going." She finished and he nodded.

"So he's the only reason why you're staying?"

"Not the only reason, but definitely the heaviest weight on the balance."

•••

"Surprise, Mr. Graduator!" Jack received  Shawn as he entered the apartment. Jack and Delilah had hung up a sign that said 'Congratulations Shawn.'

"Jack, I told you I'm not into this." He approached the couple.

"Oh yeah? Well, we got you something that may change your mind." He grabbed something, "Ta-da!" He showed a caricature of Shawn graduating.

"Is that supposed to be me?"

"Yeah! Isn't it great?" Delilah asked with a smile.

"We got a guy do it from a snapshot." Jack explained.

"Yeah, yeah, it's great." Shawn took the drawing, "Now graduation means a lot to me." He walked to the kitchen and Jack gave a him a slight push.

"What was that?" Shawn pushed him back.

"Why don't you appreciate our caricature of you with a big head and a tiny body and you're riding the big diploma like it's a magic carpet ride to your future, huh?" He asked in anger. "Why? You don't appreciate anything, man." He pushed him again, but harder.