27; girl meets Yale

EPILOGUE

The couple sat on the sofa

The couple sat on the sofa. They had just gotten back from the graduation.
'We can't be together anymore.'
Those were the last words said between them.

"Do you want to explain what's going on?" Delilah asked after a few minutes of silence.

"We can't be together anymore."

"Why?" She looked at him. "Look at me." She grabbed his face and made him look at her. "Why?"

"I'm not sure if I feel the same way I used to feel." He answered, making Delilah let go of him and look at her feet, "I'm really sorry, Delilah."

"Don't be." She sighed, "You can't control your feelings."

"I would have loved to see where this went, but," he paused and grabbed her hand, "I can't." He finished.

"I understand, Jack. Really." She looked at him. "I do."

•••

That same night, Delilah packed her stuff, trying to distract herself. She packed all she needed.

"Hey!" Eric entered the room, "Jack told me." He closed the door behind him, "How are you?" He walked towards her.

"Fine." She tried to smile. "I won't be able to take everything to the dorm--"

"So," Eric interrupted her, "you're going to Yale?"

"Yeah," she sighed, "there's nothing keeping me here anymore." She explained. "Anyway, how I was saying," she continued, "I won't be able to take everything to the dorm, so I'm going to pack the basics and you can do whatever you want with the other stuff." She told the boy. "Throw it away, sell it, burn it. Whatever makes you feel better."

"And what about Shelly Kelly?" He frowned, "What are you going to do with them?"

"They'll stay with my aunt," She sighed, "I love you guys, but I love my cat a little bit more." She tried to joke, "I want them alive." She ranted anxiously. "I need to cont--"

She was interrupted by Eric hugging her. He noticed the girl's nervousness the moment he entered the room.

"It's going to be okay, Lilah. You're going to be ok." He told the girl as he hugged her closer.

Delilah didn't answer, she just hugged him back and sobbed on his chest.

"Why are you packing so early?" He asked.

"I'm going to my aunt's until I leave." She explained and he frowned, "I can't stay here, Eric!" She said in frustration. "I can't see him without feeling like trash."

•••

Delilah had already been at her aunt's for two weeks. She hadn't been going out at all. She only saw Topanga and Angela. Sometimes Eric would visit.

She had decided to leave earlier, in fact, she'd be leaving the day after. She heard that a girl named Rachel had moved in with the boys, and that they had kicked Shawn out.

Someone knocked on the girl's door, making her open the door.

"Shawn?" She asked as she let him in, "What are you doing here?"

"You're leaving because of him, right?" He walked inside, confusing the girl.

"What?"

"You're leaving because Jack broke up with you!"

"No," she approached the boy, "I was staying because of him. I'm leaving for myself."

"Why can't you stay? For me?" Shawn pouted.

"I'm sorry Shawn." She hugged him.

•••

"Hi," Delilah walked inside the Matthews.

"Hey!" They greeted her.

"I just wanted to say goodbye before leaving." The girl smiled.

"Oh, come here honey!" Amy hugged her. "You'll be just fine."

"Thanks Amy." She broke the hug and smiled at the woman.

"Well, good luck out there in the world." Alan talked as he walked closer to the girl and hugged her. "Though you won't need it."

Delilah broke the hug and smiled at the couple.

"You're leaving again?" Morgan walked towards her.

"Yeah,"  Delilah put her hand on the girl's head, "I promise I'll come back."

"You said that the last time."

"And did I or did I not come back?" Delilah smiled.

"I'll miss you." Morgan hugged the girl.

"I'll miss you all." Delilah sighed. "I will call," the girl looked at Amy. "I want baby updates." She pointed at the woman and chuckled.

"Deal."

"Well, I'll se you soon." Delilah smiled.

"Goodbye." The family said as she walked out of the house.

"How strange," Feeny talked from his door, "a Lawrence at the Matthews. Never seen before!" He joked as the girl approached him.

"I'll miss you Feeny." Delilah talked in a weak tone.

"I'll miss you, too." He said, "You're the only one I'm not ashamed to say I like!" He joked and the girl chuckled.

"Goodbye Mr. Feeny." She said and he smiled.

"Goodbye."