8; girl meets Pennbrook

Eric, Jack and Delilah found themselves studying in the living room

Eric, Jack and Delilah found themselves studying in the living room. While Jack studied on the kitchen's aisle, Eric wrote his paper on the sofa. Delilah, on the other hand, sat on the stairs with papers sprung around her and the kitten next to her. Still without a name.

"Ok, first college paper, playing with the big boys." Eric talked, "10,000 words. Word number one." He wet his pencil tip with his tongue and started writing, but as soon as he did, he frowned, "I want my mommy." He then smiled, "Ha, that's three words."

"Come on, Eric," Jack talked upset, "you had three weeks to write this paper." He complained.

"You don't make fun of my learning disability!" Eric pointed at Jack.

"You have a learning disability?" Jack asked confused.

"No." Delilah answered without looking at him.

"I would think so." Eric ignored her.

Jack rolled his eyes and walked towards the stairs.

"You step on my papers I cut your feet." Delilah talked, once again, not looking up from her homework.

Jack stood there in shock until he heard Eric

"Hey, what did you write yours about?" Eric asked and Jack sat next to him opening his laptop. "Ohh, a laptop. For your lap." He smiled.

"Here it is. 10,000 words. A perfectly crafted essay on my summer in China, working with paleontologists." Jack said with a big grin.

"You call that summer?" Delilah asked looking at him for the first time, "I call that boring." She looked back at her homework.

"Pft!"

"What?"

"Your first college paper and you're writing about what you did on summer." Eric explained.

"I uncovered dinosaur fossils." Jack talked.

"You got pictures?" Eric asked.

"No."

"Then you got nothing."

"I think it's pretty good." Jack looked at his laptop again.

"You don't get it, were in college now. We're being judged on a whole new level." Eric complained. "Theories, and footnotes, shades of meaning, nuance, spelling. Where does it end? Where does it end?" Eric shouted hysterically.

"All right! I didn't even go! My sister went, she's 10." Jack said in a desperate tone, making the girl look at him in confusion.
"I got no pictures, and I didn't go to China."

"It's ok, it's ok." Eric comforted Jack, "I'm going to get us through this, all right? This is where Eric Matthews shines."

"How? We pull an all-nighter? Work together until it's great?" Jack asked.