2; girl meets New Year

11th grade

11th grade.

Two years went by quickly. After Eric and Delilah put Morgan to bed that night, she stayed with him and they watched a movie.
They became good friends quickly.

After that day, they started hanging out more, and after two years, they both felt confident calling themselves best friends.

It was New Year's Eve, and Delilah was going to spend it with her sister and her friends. A lot of people found it strange, but she wasn't ashamed of Topanga and got along pretty well with Cory and Shawn.

The sisters followed the two boys inside the Matthews' house as the boys argued trying to find a solution to not having a way of getting to the party.

"Guys! It's New Year's Eve! A time to celebrate, not fight." Topanga interrupted them.

"You know what? You're right Topanga. And we're going to make this the best New Year's Eve ever." Cory smiled at his girlfriend, "If we were dead, because then we'd have a ride!"

"Come on guys, stop it." Delilah said.

"Oh, Rebecca-Alexa I'm so sorry the car broke down." Eric talked as he entered the house with his date.

"Eric, don't worry about it. These things happen." The model said.

"You understand? You're not mean and icy? Oh, you are a super-duper-model." Eric closed the door and Rebecca-Alexa turned to face the group.

"Oh my God." Shawn said. "Do you know who you are?" He walkes towards the model, "You're Rebecca-Alexa, I'm a big, big, big--"

"Idiot." Delilah interrupted him but he ignored her.

"--fan. I'm huge." He finished and Delilah frowned at his wording.

"Thank you." The blonde said.

"Hi. Hi, um, I'm Cory. I'm Eric's brother. Um, this is Topanga. She's a girl from school."

"Cory."

"She's also my girlfriend and I love her very much. So don't get any ideas." Cory saved his ass.

"I'm Delilah, Eric's best friend." The girl shook the model's hand nicely.

"So, do supermodels have any special powers? I mean, like, can you read what I'm thinking?" Shawn asked.

"She can imagine it for sure." Delilah muttered to Topanga.

"Yes." Rebecca-Alexa answered Shawn with a serious face.

"I'm really sorry." Shawn said.

Eric walked back to the group with a smile.

"Rebecca-Alexa, I lucked out. I got us the last cab in Philly." He said and the model hugged him.

"Oh, Eric, you gotta let us share it." Cory said.

"All right, let me think. I'm seeing a big hairy no." Eric answered.

"It's my first New Year's Eve out if the house. Without this ride we're stranded." Cory begged.

"All right, hold on, hold on." Eric pretends to think. "No, I try, and I just can't care less."

"Cory, I know how you feel. My older sister never took me anywhere. I never forgave her." Rebecca-Alexa said.

"Cory, why don't you share our cab, bud?"

Finally, they took the cab, but apparently, Cory felt unsafe with the driver and sent him away. The group was once again in the same position. Topanga offered to celebrate in the Matthews' house, but Eric insisted on going to the party, so Rebecca-Alexa suggested they took the subway.

And that's how the group found themselves in the subway, on their way to the party.

"Ok, come on people! We've got parties to go to!" Shawn rushed the passengers.

"What's the rush? It's 10:30, we've got plenty of time before midnight." Topanga said.

"Yeah, and Eric, you'll be kissing Rebecca in front of all Philly like you wanted." Cory said.

"Idiot." Delilah said from her seat next to Shawn.

"In front of all Philly?" The model asked confused.

"I don't know where he gets this stuff from."

"So your brother thinks of me as just a trophy?" The blonde asked.

Delilah, who was falling asleep of boredom started nodding her head. When Shawn noticed her, he took her head and moved it side to side, and she changed to shooking her head no.

"Better."

"Yes!" Cory said after struggling.

"Cory!" Eric complained.

"How do you lie to a supermodel? I mean, those lips can see right through you." Cory asked.

"Oh, Eric, I just remembered. I have to go home." Rebecca-Alexa walked out of the train and Eric tried to follow her but the train started moving.

"Wait! Wait! Stop the train! Stop the train!"

Cory then tried to comfort Eric, but the train suddenly stopped making the boys fall. When this happened, Shawn fell on Delilah's lap, making her stare at him.

"Oh, Hi girl." He tried to flirt with her.

"No." She pushed him to the floor.

"What did it say?" Topanga asked Eric, who was listening to the announcement.

"It said Cory broke the train!"

•••

After a while of waiting, Eric was going mad, Cory and Topanga were sitting while Shawn and Delilah walked all over the train having fun.

"Shawn, the pizza guy said the baby will be out in 30 minutes, we can go see the girls who think your uncle is the pope!" Delilah told Shawn and they walked out of the car the group was in.

•••

Somehow, Cory turned the train into a party. Everyone was having fun. Everyone but Eric.

"Eric, you can't stay all night pouting! Get up! Have fun!" Delilah told the guy.

"It's easy for you to say. There are plenty of boy's and girls flirting with you. You'll sure have a kiss at midnight." Eric stood up and started talking to Cory.

"Everybody! Listen you! New year is coming!" A boy shouted and started counting.

"5...4...3...2...1! Happy New Year!" Everyone celebrated.

"Hey! Good news! Twins!" Shawn entered the car.

"Mrs Ginelli had twins?" Delilah and Topanga asked.

"No, but I do! This is Linda, and her sister, more Linda." Shawn said as two girls walked inside the car.

"Happy New Year Cor." Eric hugged his brother.

"Happy New Year Eric. Uh, as much as I'm liking this brother-brother moment--"

"Go kiss your girlfriend." Eric pointed at Topanga and Cory ran to her.

"See, this night hasn't been as bad." Delilah told the boy.

"No, it's been amazing. Overall because I've been with my friends." He smiled at the girl.

"Happy New Year Eric."

"Happy New Year Lilah."

They hugged and the girl saw a waitress coming from behind Eric with a tray full of quishe.

"Eric, quishe?" Delilah asked.

"Don't mind if I do."

"Wha--"

She was interrupted by Eric's lips on hers. He was kissing her. Eric was kissing Delilah.