25; girl meets Change

Two chapters left

Two chapters left.

"Shawn!" Delilah called the boy as she entered the apartment.

"Hey," he walked out of his room, "do you need anything?"

"I hope you're not too busy." She left her things on its place.

"When?"

"In general."

"Well, not really, no." He answered confused.

"Good," the girl looked at him, "because I am." She walked towards the kitchen followed by the younger. "And my boss needs help."

"Your boss the photographer?"

Delilah had gotten a full-time job as a photographer assistant a few months ago.

"Yeah," she opened the fridge, "See, with all my finals coming, I really need to study." She sat on a stool with a soda.

"And what do you want me to do?" Shawn sat in front of her.

"Work part-time while I study?" Delilah asked with a smile.

"Are you kidding?" Shawn stood up with a big smile.

"Not at all." She smiled back and he hugged her.

"Than you, sis."

•••

It's been a few weeks. Shawn had been doing a really great job, and the boss was genuinely happy with him.

Delilah had gotten the news. Everyone got into pennbrook but him. He was in the waiting list.

"Hey," Cory entered the photography studio and looked at the girl.

"Cory?"

"Is Shawn here?" He asked with a smile.

"In the darkroom, I think.", Delilah pointed at the door in confusion and the boy rushed into it.

After a few minutes, Cory exited the room with a sad face.

"Hey, it's everything ok?"

"No, it's not." The boy stared at her. "He doesn't care about getting into college!"

"Cory,"

"No! This is all your fault!" He pointed at her, "you got him this job!" Cory stared at her and then left the place.

•••