6; girl meets Jack

It had been months since Delilah left Philadelphia

It had been months since Delilah left Philadelphia. She talked to Eric every once in a while over the phone, but not as much as they used to.

Recently, Topanga told her about Eric applying for Pennbrook, which she had applied for too. So she decided to give him a little surprise.

"Well, here it is. My letter from Pennbrook." Eric told the group as they looked expectantly. "I can't, I can't. Here, you do it." He gave Cory the letter.

"Okay, okay, okay."

"Open it. Open it." Eric rushed his brother anxiously. "Come on!"

"All right, all right, all right. Oh, boy. Oh, boy, this is bad." Cory talked seriously.

"What? What, what, what?"

"Now, Eric, that Dean Bolander is a tough cookie." Feeny walked towards him.

"How do you know her?" Eric asked confused.

"She's been after me for years." Feeny bragged.

"Ooh, this just keeps getting worse." Shawn continued their act.

"Just tell me!"

"Okay, okay. First of all, they're charging an arm and a leg." Cory started.

"And they want you there, like, a week before Labor Day for some kind of orientation deal." Topanga continued.

"Does that mean--" Eric paused.

"You're in!"

"I'm in? I'm in! I'm in!" Eric celebrated as the group stared at the last speaker in shock. "Wha-- Delilah?" Eric asked and smiled. "Oh my God!" He hugged her.

"I knew you could do it." Delilah said in the hug.

"Congratulations, Eric."

"Job well done." Feeny talked.

"Thank you, Mr. Feeny. Oh, thank you for everything." Eric talked to the man.

"Well, it's what I do." He smiled at Eric. "And, Miss. Lawrence, what brings you here?"

"Well, Topanga told me about Eric applying for Pennbrook, and I thought I would open this here." She held up her letter from Pennbrook.

"You haven't opened it yet?" Topanga asked and the girl shook her head no.

"Let me!" Topanga snatched the letter of her hand and opened it.

"Read it!" Delilah shouted.

"I am." The younger said nervously.

"Out loud!"

"Give me that." Eric took the letter from Topanga and started reading it before looking at Delilah with a serious face. "I'm sorry."