Heels over head

NOT EDITED 

In shock they both stood still, Mae still in his arms. Understanding the situation they both moved quickly and composed themselves. Extremely awkward Mae thought.

"Um... Let me get you an extra shirt from our art room"

Mae walked out the room to the back of the shop where they hosted nightly pottery, and visual art lessons. She found an old white simple shirt that looked about his size, and went back to where Demetrius was.

"You look like a coffee kind of guy. I brew the best coffee in town and our pastry chef Max left some left over strawberry shortcake for the staff. I can warm some up for us."

"The best coffee in the town?." Demetrius said sarcastically."I'm not so sure about that"

"Pfft, please once you try my coffee you'll never want to drink your frilly Second Cup again" Mae said with a smile. Demetrius just shrugged highly doubting. They walk into the kitchen and Demetrius sat on the stool beside the island.

"Are you not going to open soon?"

"No in about an hour, some of the staff will be coming soon to get the shop ready."

 Mae started on the coffee and boiled some water, she grinned the coffee beans and added it into the french press. She added the boiled water and put the lid on. She waited a few minutes. Then pushed the plunder down slowly, and poured the coffee into there cup. She goes into the fridge and sees the left over strawberry shortcake, and cuts two slices. She gets the cake and coffee and hands it to him. She watches him as he takes a sip of the coffee. Demetrius was literally full of shock. This really was the best coffee he had ever had. Demetrius was trying to hide his shock but it was too late. Mae giggled. As they eat Mae remembers something, she has no idea what this older man's name is, they didn't really greet each other because of the circumstances.

"I don't think we properly greeted each other sir. My name is Mae, whats yours?." 

"I'm Demetrius Salvador, and you can stop calling me sir." 

"Oh okay...Mr Salvador. How old are you, What do you do for a living?" Demetrius hated small talk.. He hated talking to people in general if it wasn't about money, but what could he do they were all alone and there was nothing to do so he replied."

"I'm 30, I work at an ad agency in Toronto"

"Oh cool, I'm 18 first year arts student at the local university."

"You seem to of came from work. Why are you way out here."

He subconsiously said "Stressful at work, needed some time to breath, needed some fresh air." Demetrius looked at Mae for a moment did he just tell her his personal problems. Weird, he was never like that especially to strangers. But looking at Mae she seems so easy to talk to, always has a crooked smile on her face, her eyes inviting.