Serendipity

NOT EDITED 02/09/16

Mae looked at the note 

"And you think I'm strange... Are you sick? You don't look so good." she rubbed her tired eyes

"I'm fine" He looked at her again then looked away

"Just a little tired...exhausted actually" He sighed

"What happened? tough day at work or is looking like the cover of GQ your casual wear?" He gave her a tired smile.

"I came from work." Was all he said, soft music filled the room. He looked more than exhausted.

"You look like you could jump out of a building any second now." She looked concerned, like before she patted in on the head 

"Everythings going to be okay." She assured him smiling wide. 

"You truly are crazy." He gets out of her grasp and flicks her on the forehead with his fingers

"Ah! Hey what was that for?!" 

He moves closer to her "How old are you?"

"I'm 18" She rubs her forehead

He moves away "More like 12." He whispered to himself 

"I HEARD THAT!" 

"Good it was meant for you to hear."

"Then why did you whisper it." she gave him a face

"becau-" He was stooping to her level, he mentally face palmed himself 

"exactly you have nothing to say." She stuck her tongue 

"Where's my pie!." 

"We're sold out"

"So"

"You expect me to walk all the way downstairs and make you a pie?"

"Of course, I'm a paying customer."

"...Have you watched the movie The Help?"

"...You just had to go there." They laughed, a couple of moments passed.

" Hey wanna hear a story." he nodded, it was passed 2 in the morning and they (mainly Mae) talked all early morning. 

Hours went by...

The black sky started to lighten up, Demetrius yawned and opened his eyes slowly he realized he wasn't in his apartment. He tried to get up but couldn't due to a heavy object pinning him down. He moved his hand and felt hair then opened his eyes and saw Mae sleeping on his chest and her hands wrapped around him sound asleep. She was warm he thought and realized that he was still at the cafe. He looked at his watch it was 5:30 in the morning. He tried to wiggle away from her but that just woke her up. She looked at him mortified and quickly sat up 

"Holy crap what time is it?" 

"It's 5:30, it seems like your stories bore both of us to sleep." 

"not funny, why aren't you freaking out right now." 

"because it's only 5:30 and it's a Saturday I don't work." 

"Seriously?! so waking up in a place that's not your home with a person you hardly know perfectly okay!" 

"It's not like this is the first time." He flashed a smirk 

"wow and I'm sure you're telling the truth."

"Whats to freak out about, what is this first time sleeping with someone." He teased, she cleared her throat and got up.

"Where are you going?" asked Demetrius

"Take responsibility, make me breakfast."

"Take responsibility for what?! All we did was sleep and you're pretty heavy you should be taking responsibility for my back." He got up too following her, they walked back downstairs and Mae started opening the windows The place filled with fresh air.

"Are you just going to watch or help me?"

"I'm still waiting for my pie." he said stubbornly but helped her anyways,  as they finished opening the windows and putting the chairs in its places Mae made a very Canadian breakfast, pancakes with pure Canadian maple syrup and a side of fruit. She placed the food on the table and they ate, Demetrius really enjoyed it but didn't show it. 

"When does this place open on Saturdays?"

"8:30 but I'm not suppose to be working at the cafe today. I'm heading with a coworker to our floral farm in Niargara at 7. Don't you have things to do today?" Demetrius had quite a lot of paperwork, emails and skpye meetings to do st home, it was the usual for him, he nodded. As Demetrius was forced to clean the dishes Mae got a call from her coworker. She looked disappointed.

"What's wrong?"

"My coworker called in sick."

"So you're going with another worker?" Mae looked a bit disappointed 

"No he was the only one available, I'll have to go home soon and call to reschedule, I don't have a license so I can't go by myself" For some reason Demetrius wasn't ready to leave, he disliked the idea of going back to his empty apartment to do nothing but work all day so he suddenly blurted out.

"I can take you if you'd like" It was almost a whisper but Mae heard it.

"No it's alright I don't want to bother you it's a long car ride and those flower farms are pretty messy." He rolled his eyes what was that suppose to mean he thought to himself. He was silent for a second then said. 

"I can use the fresh air." Mae slowly lit up she grinned from ear to ear. 

"really?"

"I'm not going to repeat myself." 

"Awesome! Okay I just need to call my manager and family to know I'm leaving and I need to bake some stuff and pack as well, feel at home this cafe area is the only place that has wifi, we have a shower in the back if you'd like to freshen up." While Mae baked Demetrius showered and ended up being her baking assistant, Mae also freshened up and they packed everything in the shops car at the back of the building which was an old land rover defender  that  Prairie brought with her when she visited the UK for a year. As they finished packing Mae put on her sandals it was about 6:50 and they were about to head out when Mae noticed again how Demetrius was dressed.  

"I remember you being pretty pissy about a coffee stain on your shirt, are you okay with wearing this to a farm?" He rolled up his sleeves and dress pants 

"I'm not a klutz like you, I'll be fine." Demetrius climbed into the driver's seat and Mae the passengers, She rolled down all the windows and put in a CD of Best Coast crazy for you album and they were off.