Pie Makes Everything Ok

Short Chapter 

NOT EDITED

(Demetrius POV)

Work was extremely unbearable for Demetrius, it was one of those days for him. He had meetings after meetings in the morning, projects to approve of, emails to write and calls to make. Then he had a meeting with the students for the gate entrance which was well prepared and presented. After that he was back to meetings, paperwork and emails, but of course Sarah had to make things worse. By the end of the workday, Demetrius was truly exhausted. 

"You're going to age faster if you push yourself too much" Said his main secretary. His main secratary was named Marry and was like Verona his housemaid, didn't fear him and told him what he needed to hear not what he wanted but in her case she sometimes spoke slightly too honestly. He gave her a weary smile and took that comment as her way of telling him to take a break so he did. As everyone left to go home he stayed longer like usual. It was 11:30 pm Demetrius walked around the building and went to the rooftop again for some night air. He thought of what Sarah told him, Demetrius was a businessman but he hated the fact that he was forced to go this far for the sake of money. He took another smoke and went back into the office. He pulled his desk drawer for a pen and saw the little note. A worker went to the Haven shop a couple of weeks ago and Mae sent another sticky to him. It wrote:

"We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie." 

― David Mamet

He laughed.

Without thinking he took his car keys and left.

It was 12:20 a.m as he drove around Oakville, the windows and top window were open and nothing but warm night breeze filled the car. He knew it was late but he just knew that she would be there, he parked the car and walked as he got closer to the shop he saw her bike. He stood at the front door and knocked, no answer so he knocked again. As he did a mosquito came flying around him than landed on the door. He looked at it with vengeful eyes, Demetrius already had 3 mosquito bits and it wasn't even fully summer yet. He found a newspaper and whacked it...the just door popped open, he stood there dumbfounded not sure what to do so he slowly walked in.

"Mae?" He called and walked to the cafe area music was playing but no sign of anyone.

"Mae?" he called louder, still no answer. Her bike was outside the door wasn't locked and there was no answer from her, he started to frown. He searched the whole area still no sign so he walked up the spiral stairs not sure what it led too. Upstairs was like a maze, he walked this way and that until in the corner of his eye he saw little finger tips from the aisle next to him. He rushed towards them to find Mae laying on the floor with a book opened next to her. He panicked for a second then realized she was sleeping, he sighed and sat across from her. He stared at her, anger came over him, she was here in the shop in the middle of the night alone with the doors unlocked sleeping. An idiot he thought to himself, but as he stared at her she looked so calm, he moved beside her his back against the shelves. He could see her long full lashes, and full rosey lips, every brown freckle on her cheecks and nose. Her long curly hair was like a blanket covering most of her body as she was tucked in a relaxed  fetal position. Just when he felt suffocated and stressed at the office she made him laugh with the note, now that he sees her so close to him he felt like he could breathe again. A curl fell on to her cheek, he broke out of his deep thought and took in the situation again. She was here alone vulnerable he became annoyed again, but was she really okay? he placed his blazer on her and tried to move her hair away from her face but accidently touched her cheek. She moved her head slightly then opened her eyes wide looking straight at him, she sat up the strand of hair was still in the middle of her face so without thinking he moved her closer by the chin with his right hand and lightly moved the hair away from her eyes with his left. 

"Wha- how did you get i-" He dropped his hands and cut her off 

"Are you crazy?! Why was the doors unlocked anyone could of came in here!" he argued, Mae scratched her head and stretched her legs.

"Oh.. I guess I forgot to locked the doors."

" No shit." he glared at her.

Sorry I must of fell asleep"

"No really? " He responded sarcastically, She stared at him

"What?"

"Why are you here?" she asked nonchalantly, he looked at her with a light smirk and took out the note from his pocket 

"I came for some pie."