18: Just Admit It

Harry

Ron was still feeling clever about teasing Draco Malfoy and Harry noticed his look immediately,

"What did you do?"

"Nothing so bad that it will send me to Azkaban. Just had a little encounter with a white haired someone."

"Draco?"

"Huh? What happened to calling him Malfoy?"

"It just feels more natural this way."

"Yeah, yeah. It's basically official now."

"What's official?"

"Don't make me say it. You're literally biting your fingernails."

Harry forced himself to stop doing that. He grinned anyway.

"Move over. Want some chocolate frogs?"

"For the frog or for the card?"

"It's always for the card. You can have the chocolate if you can capture it. We'll do it together."

Ron dragged Draco's bed over right next to Harry's. He settled next to Harry and helped him sit up.

He peeled the chocolate frog packet open only slightly and Harry held his hand right near. The frog jumped up and Harry successfully caught it in one go.

"I got someone that dad doesn't like," said Ron annoyed and put the card in his pocket without a second glance.

Ron said,

"You know about what Ravin said? I've been thinking, what if not everyone from a certain family is as bad as the rest of their family? I don't mean Malfoy, because it's hardly possible that the apple fell too far from the tree."

"Why would Draco not be included?"

"He might appear to be nice to you, but I don't think he'll act the same if you weren't a Potter. I mean, with his kind of belief, you could trash on him completely and he'd still latch on to you. He'll show he admires you in the most shitty way, because that's how he is, but trust me, that guy is obsessed with you."

"We're still talking about Draco here, right? He is an extremely difficult person to me even after all this time of trying to get to know him."

"He's difficult to everyone. He's way softer with you though."

"He's nice to Crabbe and Goyle. He hates me the most."

"He literally has tantrums whenever you ignore him, Harry. He becomes incredibly jealous and threatens me and Ravin to duels whenever you spend too much time with us. I wonder how he doesn't get exhausted from all the empty threatening he does."

"Funny story."

Harry covered himself with a blanket, "I think my legs are nearly thawed. Pomfrey had to regrow two of my toes because of the gangrene I had."

"Have you been listening to anything I said?"

"I thought you were joking?"

"No, I wasn't," sighed Ron, "Plus, he always passes you notes in class. Well, he makes us pass it around the class so that you would never think the letter is from him. But really, it's been him writing you them all along. Letters to check up on you. He always makes sure that you're sitting next to him in the Great Hall before he starts eating. There are so many things I can point out."

"He doesn't really do all that..."

Harry squinted in thought.

"Blimey, just admit that you like him!" said Ron. Harry noticed a twinge of annoyance in his voice and watched him storm out of the room.

He was confused by the reaction, but was also too pleased about what he had heard. If Ron said it was true, then they were true, right? Harry could believe him, surely.

Harry covered his grin with his blanket and thought about Draco. Even though there was no way his crush could like him back in the same way he did, at least he knew that Draco at least thought of him as being someone special.

He wanted that chance to win his heart. Even if Draco didn't have the same thoughts he did, he still wanted there to be a chance that they were together more often. He always felt happiest around Draco and loved to see his genuine smile and emotions. His heart had skipped and shattered when Draco had cried in front of him. Harry wanted to hug him tightly and comfort him.

The last time Harry had tried to comfort a crying person he had received a bloodied nose.

So he was still a little uncertain about how to act around Draco. Although Draco seemed unpredictable and aggressive like a certain someone he knew back at 4 Privet Drive, he was actually kind and approachable at other times. And something that Harry definitely could not attribute to Dudley was how charming Draco Malfoy was.

Draco had cute blonde hair and attractive eyes. He was the confident and mysterious type that Harry had always preferred. Harry found his heart speed up whenever he came close to him, when he smiled genuinely, when he had a serious and concentrated look on his face, even when he was talking casually. The feeling of floating came by itself, and it filled up Harry with a sensation of soft butterflies and bubbles.