5 - Eliza

It hadn't taken Tom long to come down to the shop but I really wasn't surprised. I'd been ringing up a customer when he'd come down and I hadn't needed to turn around to know he was there. The woman had frozen half way to handing me her money and was staring wide eyed behind me. It'd been amusing to say the least.

He'd come up beside me and acted like it was completely normal for him to be there. He didn't go far from me, though as expected the women and even some of the men fawned over him and by the time it was time to close up shop I had to make a couple women leave who'd taken up residence at one of the small tables by the door.

"I didn't think to ask if I needed to change." He called from the living room while I changed in my bedroom.

"Do I really have to dignify that with a response?"

"Yes!"

"You look fine as always." I say walking out.

His eyes widen for a brief moment as he looks at me and I can feel my face turn red. I'd never been out on a 'date' with anyone famous but if there was a chance we'd be seen and photographed I didn't want to look like a troll. It wasn't anything I hadn't worn before but it definitely wasn't my usual attire; a simple but fitted copper red v necked sweater and my favorite pair of jeans with a pair of black ankle boots.

"What?" I ask, starting to feel self-conscious when he just looks at me.

"That color suits you."

"Thanks. Figured green would be a bit cliché."

"So, before we leave what are the rules?"

"Rules?"

"You know, since we're putting on a sort of show, how far are you okay with going?"

He looked so uncomfortable I couldn't help the small laugh that escaped.

"I'm fine with any PDA you are except kissing on the lips. I'm not an actor like you, kissing is a personal thing, it means something to me. I don't think I'd be very good at faking that."

"No lips, got it." He says walking up to me and takes my hand. "If something gets to be too much, tell me. Promise?"

"Promise. Now let's get moving otherwise we're going to be late and Katy will kill me."

The drive across town took longer than it should have. If the cab driver had kept his eyes on the road instead of looking back at Tom every few seconds it'd have be fine. I couldn't blame the driver; Tom was an impressive man, and so much better looking in person. I knew he was nervous however, he held my hand and rubbed his thumb against my hand while bouncing his knee.

"You okay?" I lean in and whisper, placing my free hand on his knee to stop the bouncing.

He looks over at me and I can't stop the butterflies from taking flight in my stomach. He looked almost as vulnerable as he had when I'd found him on the bench. We were stuck in traffic a couple blocks away from the theater now and were cutting it close to being late.

"You want to walk the rest of the way?" I ask, thinking the fresh air might help him.

"After you." He manages with a small smile.

I dig out the money and hand it to the driver and thank him. We start walking down the sidewalk and I look up at him. He smiles down at me and I return the favor.

"How'd you know?" He asks slipping his hand back into mine.

"I've watched your interviews, you're not one to fidget. You sure you want to do this?"