17 - Eliza

"What about this one?" Katy asks, holding up a gauzy pink dress.

"How long have you known me?" I ask, laughing.

Katy was having far more fun than I was. She'd already had me try on at least half the dresses in this store and we'd already stopped at two others.

"Fine." She mutters, putting the dress back on the rack. "So what's going on with you two anyway? Really going on?"

"What are you talking about? He and I are seeing each other, you know that."

"Yea but like, how did it happen. You acted like you didn't know the man in the morning and then by that evening you're holding hands and going to plays together. Now the only time you're apart is when he's on set."

"It just happened." I hedge, pulling a couple dresses off the rack without really seeing them.

"Mmhmm. How long have you known me? You are never that rash when it comes to men. You two knew each other before I made you go to set."

"No I didn't. And so what if I did? We're both adults and single. How fast or slow we take our relationship is no one's business but us."

"I know you got laid yesterday." She giggles under her breath.

"Katy!" I hiss, looking around to see if anyone was in earshot.

"You're positively glowing. Must've been a good. Though I'd expect nothing less from that man." She says fanning herself with her hand.

"Stop it!" I hiss giggling.

She wasn't wrong, it had been amazing. I was sore. It'd been a long dry spell for me. I'd seen all of his movies but they had nothing on the actual man. I was ready to get this dress bought so I could meet him at his hotel.

"Well I'm happy for you. What are ya'll going to do after the party?"

"We haven't discussed it yet." I admit.

Despite yesterday, as far as I knew Tom was still planning to leave. I'd started to ask before he left for set but I'd chickened out. I was worried I wouldn't like the answer. I'd told him the truth, I didn't just sleep with anybody but I didn't know what it meant to him. Could he even stay here with me? Where did he call home now that he and Zawe had broken up?

She hands me three hangers and I add them to the two I had and go back to try the on. I came out and showed Katy the first four but they just didn't seem right. Slipping into the fifth I look at myself in the mirror before I walk out to show Katy.

It was black that faded into a deep blue at the knees and puddled on the ground at my feet. The waist is fitted and there was only one wide strap that was covered in gems. The back is made up of four wide straps that go from the strap down across my back and gather together at my waist, all of it with gems. It was gorgeous.

"Do you need help?" Katy calls, sounding bored. "Oh!"

I step out and her eyes go wide. Stepping up in front of the wall of curved mirrors I look at it from all angles and know I'd found my dress.

I'd had Katy take the dress back to my apartment for me as I took a cab across town to Tom's hotel. The cameras were out in force here but that wasn't unusual since a lot of famous people stayed at this hotel when they were in town.

Tom had told me to just walk through; the doormen would make sure they didn't get too close. Stepping out of the cab by myself was still scary. The camera flashed and several shouted questions at me as I walked through but all I heard was noise.

I stepped onto an empty elevator but hear a woman call out, asking to hold the door. I stick my hand out, making the doors slide back open and wait for the woman to step inside. To my surprise I knew her, or rather had seen her. Elsa, Chris's wife, stood next to me. From what little Chris had said that first night when she'd been at the bar here with Tom, I knew she didn't approve of me.

Refusing to show how terrified she made me, I smile and watch the doors shut, keeping my head up.

"Here to see Tom?" She asks, eyeing me.

As if I knew anyone else here.

"Yes."

She stares at the doors too and I can see her looking at me in the reflection. After a moment she smiles.

"Chris told me what you told him. You really love him don't you?"

"I do. I know it doesn't make any sense but I do."

"The press seem to like you."

"So Tom said."

"You really don't read any of them?"

"I've seen headlines as I pass the stands or in the stores, but no I don't open them."

"Good, they're mostly trash."

The elevator slides to a stop and the doors open with a ding.

"He's a good man. Treat him right. If you don't, I'll kick your ass." She finishes with a smile and walks out of the elevator.

Exiting the elevator and going down the opposite side of the hall, I stop in front of his door and knock.

A moment later the door opens and Tom is standing there smiling at me. He takes my hand and pulls me inside. As soon as the door closes he backs me up against the door and kisses me, his hands cupping my face. My hands find the edge of his shirt and slip underneath.

"I missed you." He breaths, kissing his way down my neck.

"I missed you too. Did you get things taken care of?"

"Get what taken care of?" He pauses and looks up at me confused.

"You said the director thought you'd finish early?" I ask confused at his reaction.

"Oh. Yea we wrapped up this morning."

"So you're all mine tomorrow?" I ask playfully.

He nodes his head and looks like he's going to say something but apparently changes his mind smiling at me instead.

"So about that rain check..." He growls.

His behavior was odd and it felt like he was keeping something from me. But as his fingers brush my stomach as he pulls my shirt over my head all thoughts evaporate from my mind. I quickly unbutton his shirt and slip it off his shoulders, running my fingers along his bare chest.

"What do you have in mind?" I tease, unbuckling his belt.

In a flurry of hands we both make quick work of the remaining clothing the other wore leaving only our under garments. Wrapping his arms around me he picks me up, my legs wrapping around his waist of their own accord, and he carries me through the hotel room.

He lays me back on the bed, his body pressing into mine igniting a spark. He pulls my hands from around his neck and places them on the bed above my head, easily holding both with one hand. He kisses me, softly at first and quickly they get harder and deeper.

"Tom." I gasp as he trails hot kisses down my stomach.

He leans up, hovering over me and smiles wickedly. The spark had turned into a full-fledged wild fire and I knew he knew it too. I buck my hips lightly, rubbing against him and I can see the desire in his eyes.

He wasn't holding my wrist tightly so I slip them free and rotate my hips, flipping him over. His hands immediately take hold of my hips and he raises an eyebrow at me. If he wanted to tease me I could repay the favor.