35 - Eliza

Tom was excited to go get Bobby and it made me happy. It made sense why he wouldn't bring him with him on long movie shoots but it must've been hard to leave him for so long. Last dog I'd had I was still in high school and it'd been a family dog, not just mine, so when Katy and I'd left for New York it'd sucked leaving her behind.

We ended up not stopping in New York on our way East but I did call and tell her the good news. As I'd expected she was excited. She smirked as soon as I'd video called her and Tom had been sitting beside me.

Getting on the jet was okay, though flying still made me uneasy, but the longer we flew the more the butterflies in my stomach refused to settle. I tried working on my book as much as I could but I just couldn't concentrate for very long. So in the end Tom and I just sat together and talked until I apparently fell asleep.

"Come on love, we're here." Tom says, kissing my forehead.

"I'm awake." I mumble, sitting up and stretching.

We exit the plane and walk through the airport. It was only the paparazzi that weren't as enthusiastic here, we managed to walk through the whole airport and hail a cab, which Tom informed me was called a hackney, without a single person stopping us.

London was beautiful in person. It was nearly midnight so all of the lights were on as we drove the thirty minutes to Belsize Park to Tom's house. The driver was very nice and chatted with us, he loved my American accent. I just couldn't believe I was really in London.

We pull up in front of a beautiful house and get out. The driver unloads the luggage with Tom's help as I stand on the sidewalk outside the small gate and look around. The street is quiet and most of the other houses are completely dark as far as I could tell. It seemed like a nice neighborhood.

"What do you think?" Tom asks coming to stand beside me, our bags in his hands.

"It's beautiful." I say, smiling up at him. "Very quiet."

"It's home. Come on, I'll give you a tour of the inside."

We walk through the gate and up the couple steps that lead to the front door, Tom watching me nervously. He unlocks the door then pauses. Setting all of the bags down, he scoops me up in his arms bridal style.

I laugh as he swings the door open and steps through, setting me back down on my feet but pulling me close wrapping his arms around me.

"Did I miss when we got married?" I tease, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I've always wanted to do that." He grins down at me.

"You're so silly, but I love it."

He lets go and brings the bags in, closing the door behind him. He takes me in his arms again and leans in kissing me. A woman clears her throat behind us and he pulls away just enough to look over his shoulder.

"Hello Emma." He says, keeping his arms around me.

I look and see a smiling woman about my height standing at the far in of the hallway that lead into the house. She looked much the same as she had in the movie, though she had definitely matured into a woman instead of the girl she'd been in the movie.

"Can you stop snogging long enough to introduce me to your girlfriend so I can go home to my husband." She teases and walks towards us.

"Hi, I'm Eliza." I say pulling away from Tom.

"You going to break my brother's heart too?" She looks me up and down then raises her eyebrow crossing her arms over her chest.

"Emma!" Tom hisses.

"She's just looking out for you Tom, it's fine." I chuckle. "I love your brother, hurting him is the furthest thing from my mind."

She studies me for me for a minute and then smiles. "Good enough for me."

A dark reddish brown dog pokes it's head around the edge of the far end of the hall. Knowing it must be Bobby I nudge Tom and node down the hall towards him.

"Bobby!" He calls, kneeling down.

The dog runs down the hall and jumps in Tom's waiting arms. Tom starts laughing as the Bobby squirms in his arms, licking him and whining excitedly. Tom may have missed his dog but it was clear the dog had missed him just as much.

"Were you a good boy for Emma?" He asks looking up at his sister.

"He's always a good boy." She rolls her eyes laughing.

I kneel down beside the pair and hold my hand out as Bobby notices me. He sniffs my hand and then licks it. I scratch his ears and he squirms out of Toms arms and puts his front paws on my knee sniffing me.

"Hi Bobby." I say giggling as he sniffs my hair.

"He likes you." Emma says, "You must be alright. Mum wanted me to ask if you'd come round later?"

He looks at me, and I node still scratching Bobby's ears. I knew he missed them and they must miss him too. There was no sense prolonging it, I wasn't planning on going anywhere so no better time to meet them then tomorrow.

"Probably swing by around lunch, Eliza's never traveled abroad so jet lag will probably hit her pretty hard."

"This is your first adventure across the pond?" She asks me.

"It is."

"Don't figure it will be your last now that you're out there. Your books are amazing by the way."

"Wait, you've read her books?" Tom asks.

"We all have dear brother. Mum's looking forward to meeting you. Don't be surprised if she fangirls when you come by." She laughs.

My eyes widen and both of the siblings laugh. I stand up much to Bobby's dismay and run my fingers through my hair. I'd been prepared to meet Tom's family but I hadn't expected them to actually know who I was.