13 - Eliza

The shop had closed an hour ago and though I didn't know what time he needed to be on set it had to be soon. As I peak my head into the room I can see him lying on his stomach and I couldn't help but smile. He must have heard me come in because I see an eye open and then he smiles back.

"What time is it?" He asks sleepily.

"It's nine. I wasn't sure what time you were supposed to get up so thought I'd check on you."

"I don't have to be on set for a couple hours."

He rolls over and pats the bed. Even though I knew I shouldn't, I wanted to and I only had four more days with him; missed opportunities would hurt more than memories. I sit on the edge of the bed with one foot under me and look down at him.

"Sleep well?"

"I did."

"How was work? Did you get any writing done?"

"My day was fine. Want me to let you sleep a little longer?"

He looked tired, blinking sleepily while we talked.

"I'd rather spend time with you, if that's okay."

"Whatever you want."

"What do you want?" He asks, looking me in the eyes.

"For you to be happy."

"What if I'm happy when I'm with you?"

He was searching my eyes and I was confused, certain I hadn't understood what he meant. My heart started racing as he continued to look at me with such openness. Was he saying what I'd thought he was?

"I don't understand." I say, guarded.

"I don't want this to be just acting. I don't want to be just your friend."

He sits up so he's sitting beside me and runs his knuckles down my cheek, looking unsure for the first time. Wasn't this exactly what my heart had been hoping for? From the way it was pounding in my chest it knew full it was.

"What do you think?"

"Did Chris tell you what I said?"

He drops his hand and looks at me confused.

"Chris didn't tell me anything. What did you tell him?"

I bite my lip, debating for a heartbeat and then decide there wasn't another option but to tell him the truth.

"That I'm in love with you." I whisper.

He catches his breath and looks at my lips then up to my eyes. I knew he was remembering what I'd said about kissing lips and was wanting permission. Finding courage I didn't know I had I close the distance between us and press my lips to his softly. Pulling back slightly I smile shyly at him.

"I'm falling in love with you too." He whispers back, and then kisses me again. "I've wanted to do that since I woke up with you in my arms."

"Then why did you pull away from me in the car? I thought I'd done something wrong, or worse that you knew how I really felt."

"I was afraid you'd see how I felt if I looked at you. You can read me better than anyone else. Why would you tell Chris you loved me but not me?"

"I could ask you the same question. I mean I figure that's why he asked me out right if I had feelings for you."

"He did not." He says with a laugh.

"Oh he did."

"And you just told him?"