15 - Eliza

Standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom, my face flushed and hair everywhere, I couldn't stop smiling. Tom had fallen asleep after we made love and I'd just laid there for a few minutes, scared to move in case it was a dream. He'd looked so peaceful and I felt like I was walking on air.

A creak of floorboards by my bed had me turning around as I brushed the tangles out of my hair.

"Tom?" I call.

When no one answers I walk back into the bedroom. He was still laying as I'd left him, naked with the sheet pulled across his hips covering the important bits. He was breathing deep so I knew it hadn't been him I'd heard. Wrapping a towel around myself I cross to the bedroom door. I stick my head out and find Millie, one of my employees tiptoeing towards the door.

"Millie? What are you doing up here? Did you need something?" I ask quietly, stepping out of the bedroom and closing the doors behind me.

She spins around, her red hair swinging around her shoulders. Her hand flies to her chest and she gives a small squeak of surprise. She looked at me wide eyed and shoved her hands in her pockets.

"Oh! I...I was just..." She stammers.

"You know you're not supposed to be up here."

"I know, it's just..."

"I'll be down stairs in a few minutes. We can talk then."

"Yes ma'am."

I watch her disappear and hear the door open and close. Padding back to the bedroom Tom stirs and looks at me sleepily.

"Everything okay?" He asks propping himself up on his elbows, smiling sleepily at me.

"Yes, everything's fine. Go on back to sleep." I say crawling across the bed.

He lays back down as I lean down kissing his chest and working my way up to his lips. He growls as I pull away and I chuckle. He reaches up and pulls me against him, kissing me deeply. It takes all my willpower to pull away again.

"Tom you need to sleep and I have to go downstairs for a bit. Though I'd much rather stay right here." I finish, leaning in again to kiss him.

"Then stay. I'm sure they can manage down there without you."

"You think so?"

"Mmhmm." He nuzzles my neck, "I can sleep later."

"Tom..." I sigh.

"Eliza." He whispers in my ear. "Please stay."

"Fine," I giggle, "you talked me into it."

"Good." He growls, rolling me onto my back.

"But, you have to sleep."

He reaches down, unwrapping my towel, and starts kissing my stomach and working his way up. "I don't want to sleep right now."

"You're so bad." I moan, wrapping my legs around his hips.

"You don't seem to mind."

"Any regrets?" He asks, propping himself up on an elbow to look at me.

"None. You?" I ask, copying his position.

"Only that we fought it for so long."

He runs his fingers down my bare skin, searching my eyes. I could just look at him for the rest of the afternoon but he really needed to get a couple hours of sleep at least.

"You really should get some sleep."

Running my fingers along his jaw he sighs happily. "Yes I should."

"Do you want me to stay? But you have to sleep." I add as he leans forward again.

"You'll stay? Don't you have to get back downstairs?"

"As you said, they can manage without me."

He lays down and I snuggle into him.

Reality was definitely better than any dream. I had no idea what would happen after the wrap party and as much as it terrified me I was also excited about what the next chapter of my life might bring.

"Have you found a dress yet?" He asks sleepily.

"Not yet. I'd planned to go in the morning. Katy is going to come with me; I'm not much of a girly girl if you haven't noticed."

"You're perfect as you are."

"Thank you but you're a bit biased."

"True but the press agrees with me on this one. I've never seen them take up with someone new like they have you."

"I'll take your word on that. I haven't read any of it."

"Really?"

"I told you when we first started talking. I don't care what is printed, never have. Only reason I know anything that's been printed is because Katy devours them."

"You don't even care now that it has to do with you personally?"

"Nope. I figure we will tell each other if anything important happens."

"You're a very trusting woman."

"Not really. Unless it's someone important to me; Katy, my employees...you. What anyone else thinks is irrelevant."

"I'm important to you?" He asks, trying to hold in a yawn.

"We wouldn't be lying here like this if you weren't. I don't just sleep with anyone." I tease, poking him in the side.

We lie there in comfortable silence for a few minutes. My hand is resting against his chest, his hand over mine so I felt his breathing even out. Smiling I drape my leg over his. We had nothing between us and only the sheet over us but I was not in any way cold; everywhere he had touched tingled.

I still needed to go down and talk to Millie about why she'd come into my apartment but I'd told Tom I'd stay; even if I hadn't I had no desire to leave. Whatever it'd been could wait until tomorrow. If it'd been that important Katy would've come and got me. She was the only employee allowed in my personal apartment after all.