CHAPTER SIXTEEN

New Orleans (Club Calore)

Iva

"Not her first!"

"Say what? she's 14!"

Bradley and I both exclaimed at the same time, my blood was boiling, I knew what kind of life comes with being a Morelli, but having a Don as a father and two overly protective brothers, Alunamida shouldn't even have to scratch another human, let alone kill.

"Mama, -" I cut Ermanno off

"Shut up!" I turn to glare at Emilio.

"How about the God of Mafia explain himself, please tell me your highness how did my daughter find herself in a situation where she has to take a life!"

"You don't get to question me like that, you weren't there!" Emilio suddenly roared back coming closer to me.

"Thanks to you!" I yell back pushing at him.

"Guys the kids are watching" Bradley tries but Emilio speaks over him.

"How many times do I have to say this, I'm not the one who sent you to the f*cken pit!" He shouts.

" Yes, you had your goons do it for you, you coward, you couldn't even come to look me in the face as you sent me to hell" I punched him, catching him by surprise.

"I would never do that, I, f*cken love you, I thought you betrayed me goddamit! But I still looked for you, even when they told me you died, I looked for you, I refused a funeral because I knew you were alive I could feel it, F*ck Iva how can you think I would ever send you down there, no matter what you did or I thought you did, I would have never sent you, the love of my life, mother of my children to her death, that would be like taking my life, and while you here talking about how I'm the bad guy, the devil of your story, if you loved us so much, loved your children, loved me! Why didn't you come home when you escaped the pit, why stay away for another half dozen years, watching us suffer?" His veins were popping out, breathing was heavy and I could see the hurt in his eyes.

"Because I was scared!" I screamed and then the room went silent.

"There I said it, I was scared you would kill me, you never gave me chance to explain my actions, you sent me to prison, I got out and found I had a bounty on my head, you were not just hunting me, but everyone in the underground was, I was such a f*cking prize that even people I've never met knew my face, no place was safe for, and if you think the Morelli pretentious f*cking castle is safe, well it isn't, it never was and it never will be, which is why I'm taking my daughter and that beautiful girl, out of there before they too suffered what I had"

"You didn't trust me, Iva I'm your husband, we made decisions and plans together, you went behind my back and put your life in danger, my father and brother died!-" he starts but I cut him off.

"Well there it is, even though you know I didn't kill them you still blame me for their death, you never trusted me Emilio if you did-" he cuts me off again and grabs me pulling me to him.

"Shut up and let me finish, you stubborn lunatic! I know who killed my father and baby brother, I have always known that it wasn't you, I thought you left me! With a two-year-old who still needed her mother, you acted recklessly thinking you can take on Marcus yourself and that has cost us our family, I was angry yes, I am still angry but at myself for failing you, maybe I praised your actions too much and you thought you could take over the world but Marcus has been playing this game longer than the both of us and as a result, we were beaten, I take full responsibility for that because I knew him better than you, but I still let my guard down, for that I am sorry I am so f*cken sorry, but here I am Iva, asking you to come home and you refuse me, making plans by yourself, keeping me in the dark, you are doing it again, walking to the same trap, refusing my help and protection" he finishes with an irritated growl.