CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Milan

"Thank you, uncle the food was amazing, may I be excused?" Sumeya asked as dinner comes to an end.

"Of course, all of you can go, make sure to clear the table first and do the dishes" Emilio instructed them.

They got up and got to work immediately.

"You know Anna can clean up, right?" Sophia asked her son.

"I know mother, but it is a thing we do, if I make them food they clean up, regardless, Anna can take care of breakfast" Emilio explained to his mother.

"I raised such a good boy" Sophia gushed.

Iva giggled, watching the exchange between mother and son, Emilio was getting flustered by his mother's actions.

"Ehm, If you would excuse us, mama, we have an important discussion, please tell the kids to come to Father's study when they are done," Emilio said getting up.

"Alright," Sophia nodded.

"Iva" He stretched his hand for her to take and they both walked out hand in hand.

The couple reached the study still holding hands, Emilio pushed the door open and guided Iva inside, he directed her to one of the couches in the place and knelt in front of her.

Before she could say a word he pulled her face toward his and met her lips with his in a soft tantalizing kiss, naturally, Iva returned the sweet gesture, and Emilio sighs in relief and pulls away from the kiss only to pull her into his arms.

"I love you," He tells her.

"I've never stopped and I never will stop loving you" He got up and sat on the couch.

He pulled her on top of his lap and laid her head on his chest.

"Before our family comes in here and we talk business, I want you to hear my side of the story, I want you to hear how I have never stopped believing in you, believing in us"

Emilio paused to place a kiss on her forehead and pull her even closer to him.

"From the clips that were shown to me the day my father and Enzo died, I could tell something was off, I never saw you pull the trigger, but I saw you standing over my father's body with a gun on your hand, I saw you shoot at Nadia while Enzo laid lifeless at your feet, what I saw was the aftermath of a plan that could have gone better had I known about it, I understand you and Enzo were close and you were trying to protect him but this isn't a life you can just walk away from he knew that, and you knew that, Bradley too"

He paused as the memories came rushing into him, his heart picked up as he was getting upset just thinking about what had occurred, but he calmed himself down.

"Had you trusted me, I could have told you that Marcus was on to your plan, I was waiting for you to include me, for you to believe and trust me like I trusted you and allowed you to do things your way, That night I was on my way here in Milan, mama called me saying Padre left the house angry because Enzo wanted to leave the family and keep his granddaughter away from him, Papa was going to kill my brother, and I wasn't going to let that happen f*ck the rules, My word is law" He growled out the last words.

"He didn't want to, Marcus tried to force him by threatening me, he protected us from Marcus, Emilio your father was never going to kill Enzo, Marcus he- he" she choked as she tried to explain exactly what happened that night as she felt like he needed an explanation.

"Shhh it's okay baby, I was listening in with the boys when you told your story, remember? I know now what happened, let me tell you mine, can I do that?" He asked his tone soft and comforting.