CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

Iva

I listen to the sound of water droplets coming from the pipe and echoing as it hits the stone floor of Emilio's dungeon.

"I married a creep" I murmured turning and facing the wall, I hear him chuckle.

"And I married a beautiful Queen," Emilio says, sounding proud of himself.

"And yet you've hunted me down like an animal for a decade" I throw that comment in there and rise to a sitting position.

I look around and notice there were no guards and my cell door was opened, I'd been down here for 24 hours, and I was getting tired of pretending to be a prisoner even though Emilio and the kids made sure I was as comfortable as I can be in a dungeon that smelt like dead bodies,

"I've been through worse" I directed the statement to Emilio's concerned gaze.

"Iva I- "

"It's ok Morelli" I sigh and stood up.

"I'm tired Emi, of everything, the fight the lies the cunning, my baby girl is up there probably cleaning guns!" I sigh suddenly getting worked up.

"Baby, I need you to pull yourself together, it's almost over, we are finally at the end of this craziness and I need you," he says.

Emilio comes closer to me and pulls me into a hug, he kisses my forehead and pulls me even closer.

"We're not back together," I tell him hugging him back.

"You're mine and I'm yours, back together or not" he grumbles and squeezes me.

I allow myself to be comforted and embraced by a man who was once my hero, then my enemy, and now a partner that no matter how much I hate to admit it, I need.

I needed him, I needed my husband to make me feel loved and valued again, I needed the father of my kids to make my family complete, I needed the God of Mafia to vanquish my enemies and put an end to those who dare try to harm us, I needed Emilio as much as he needed me, and we needed help to finish this war.

"De Luca?" I asked.

He shakes his head and sighs.

"He is an honorable man, but De Luca believes in the code, he lives by the code, everything else would've been justified, but Enzo's situation caused a big loss for us, he may take our side but after we did with Marcus, he will go after Enzo, and as much as I am angry at my baby brother-"

Emilio chokes and turns away from me, he breathes a deep sigh but remains, his back facing me.

"Emi, we will find a way-"

"No Iva, you don't understand, I can't lose him again, at the same time I can't risk starting another war again, not with De Luca, not in our current state, but I won't, I will never be able to watch my little brother die a second time" this time he faced me tears falling freely down his cheeks.

In front of me was a man in pain, stressed and under pressure to protect his family, to choose between his family and an empire, Emilio was really in between a rock and a hard place, no matter which choice he decides to make.

"Whatever happens, I am with you, whatever choice you make I will stand by you, I will help you protect our kids, and Enzo is not a helpless little boy, He can take care of himself and he has us, if De Luca can not find another way to compensate for the stupid code other than death, then Enzo won't be the one dying," I say angrily.

"Will you kill me, Angel, I thought we had a good relationship" Alexandro's voice sounded from behind them.

"Don't call me that" I bite back turning to face off with a demon.

TESORO (His hunted Treasure)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara