CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

Sicily

Marcus's estate

"Tell me, you managed to get De Luca on our side" Marcus stressed to his associate over the phone.

"Sir I told you, as the second in line family, they are the most powerful, and unlike the other, you know capo De Luca will not lift a finger without concrete proof, what we have has to many loop holes to make him take any side"

"Damn it! that arrogant a**hole!" Marcus threw the cellphone on his office table cutting the line in the process.

"I told you, allow me to reveal my existence, and my sister will take my side, I am sure of this" Emre tried again to get things done his way.

He was known to be dead by all six families, Marcus is the one who saved him and nursed him back to health, he knew that the old man had other motives and was not taking care of him out of the goodness of his heart, Marcus never does anything for free, not even for his children, the man killed his daughter for crying out loud, when she no longer showed loyalty to him, what's to stop him from killing an outsider like Emre, but still he was trying his luck and he was tired of living in secret and most importantly he was ready to take his rightful place, as the Turkish mafia boss, he didn't kill his brother for him to play foot soldier for a tired greedy old man.

"No, that will mess up with my plan, no one must know of you till we get to call the counsil, and get our hands on that witch Emilio carelessly allow to enter my family, she has your bastard son, do you know that?" Marcus shouted angrily.

"Yes I am aware, but no one will believe he is mine, the boy looks like his b*tch of a mom" Emre reply equally heated.

Before he could say more, Marcus back handed him, and his heavily ringed finger left a cut on his lower lip, Emre smirked and wiped at his mouth, a sinister look on his face.

"So, even though you pummeled her to death, just so you could prove a point, you did care for her"

Marcus remained cold faced, not replying, just radiating anger and hostility towards his accomplice.

"Yes, she was your daughter after all, and you blame me for not following your example and kill my own son, but then again Nora was not your blood, was she, yes, you killed her parents, then killed her too when you finally realized you never had any control over her" Emre chuckled as he continue to provoke the old man.

"Shut your mouth you filthy-" Marcus came closer and fisted the front of his jacket, drawing his fist back to send a blow, Emre laughed out loud in mockery

"Filthy what?, Huh, You are the one who failed and let the boy slip past you, admit it, you were out bested once again by a woman, and she will do it again and again , and again, because you know why?, Iva Morelli has nothing left to lose and more to gain, and if you go after the little princess your devil of a nephew will come after you with everything he has, you old man are running out of time and I am your only hope, let me do this my way, I will convince Layla to take my side, and De Luca will have no choice but to side with his lovely wife."

"You think she will side with you after you sold her to the Italian mafia as a teenager?" Marcus asked.

"No, I didn't sell her, our big brother did, at least, that is what I made sure she believes" Emre shirked and pushed Marcus off of him.

"I played my part really well as the angry big brother when they came to take her, she believes Ferit sold her to make peace with the De Luca's and she has never contacted our family since, that son of a b*tch was supposed to kill her and not marry her, I guess she was that good" Emre finish telling his successful deceit to an impressed Marcus as he moved to pour the two of them a shot of whiskey.