CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Milan

Sophia's Vineyard Estate.

"Why are you running around like a child in my house young lady?" Sophia asked voice laced with amusement.

"Please hide me" Iva rushes out and dashed straight for the walk-in closet.

"Iva Morelli!" Emilio shouts sounding closer.

"What is going on with you two now?"  Sophia asked sounding tired.

"She's cheating!" Emilio accused.

"We haven't been together for years, it doesn't count as cheating!" Iva screams back focused on defending herself and forgot she was supposed to be hiding.

Sophia chuckled as the situation seemed childish.

"Mama has a boyfriend?!" Emiliano exclaimed.

"No son, she has a walking corpse, Iva come out of there before I come to get you out myself " Emilio sounded deadly calm.

Iva moved to the connecting bathroom and locked herself inside before shouting.

"Go die, Emilio Morelli"

"If you break down my doors boy I swear-" Sophia threatened as Emilio moved to kick the closet doors down.

"But- " he tries to get his way, but Sophia was not having it.

"But nothing, Angel has a point, you were busy hunting her, now get out, and go think of a better way you can win her back instead of behaving like a lunatic!"

She points toward the door with a pointed look, daring him to disobey her, Emiliano stifles a laugh as he witnesses the big bad mafia man being scolded like a child.

As cold and ruthless as Emilio may be, he was very respectful and may have been a little scared of his mother, Emiliano didn't blame his father though because an angry Sophia meant a disaster his grandmother was not one to be messed with.

Emilio left the room with his son following behind him.

"Come out Angel he is gone" Sophia calls out.

After some time Iva peaks her head out, and Sophia can not help the bubbly laugher that left her at the childlike behavior.

"Your son is mental" Iva threw herself on the bed and snuggled the pillows.

"You married him knowing that he is, now move over and tell me about this boyfriend" she pats her bum lightly as she makes her way to sit down next to her.

"You know there is no boyfriend" Iva sighed and laid her head on Sophia's shoulder.

"Ah, I see, let him sweat a bit" Sophia teased and they giggled.

"I am afraid mama" Iva admitted.

"Do not worry, he will understand, He loves you too much to allow anything else to separate you more" Sophia comforted her daughter-in-law.

"We've been apart for a long time, both of us have changed, I can see it"  Iva confessed.

"Then start over again, get to know the man he has become, I am sure you will love him too".

" I never stopped loving him," Iva says yawning.

"Mmh" Sophia hummed while brushing Iva's locks.

She could see how tired she was, so she got up made sure she was comfortable and walked out of the bedroom to the living room.

"Your mother is sleeping, make sure your crazy father does not disturb her" she instructs the kids

Ermanno chuckles at this and moves to the kitchen to find their father cooking.

"Mama is asleep," he tells him

"Mmh" Emilio hums and continues chopping like a professional chef.

"Mama has a boyfriend" Emiliano blurted out.

"No, she does not, whoever that prick is, he's a dead man" Emilio clenches his jaw.

The twins nod in agreement taking their father's side.

"Stupid men" Sophia's voice came from the entrance of the kitchen she turned back around and left the three men looking puzzled.

*********

Dinner time.

"Luna, say grace" Iva instructed.

"Our heavenly Father, we are grateful for this food on our table, more grateful for the opportunity to gather here today as a family and enjoy this meal, we wish you would bless this family, that we may have more moments like this, In the name of Jesus, we pray, amen".

" Amen," The whole table chorused after Luna's prayer.

"Thank you, baby, that was beautiful" Iva praised her daughter.

"Yeah, Princess nice and short, thank you I'm starving" Emiliano chimed in,

Earning himself a smack at the back of his head from his father, causing the others to laugh, soon the atmosphere changed and became lighter as they enjoyed their meal like a normal functioning family for the first time.

"Papa, Beauty also has a  boyfriend, shall we pay him a visit too?" Ermanno suddenly says.

"Seriously!?" Sumeya exclaimed.

"I told you to leave him alone" Luna threatened at the same time.

"Wait, do I know this punk?" Emilio asked.

"Emi, stop the girls can date if they want to" Iva admonished.

"Yes, it's the lovely Luke" Emiliano added, wiggling his eyebrows in excitement.

"Uncle, please" Sumeya begged.

Emilio tried to hide his smile.

"Well, when all this madness is over, invite him over for dinner" Emilio states then proceeds to fork his stake.

"For real!" The twins exclaimed.

"Is that a problem?" He asked them a stern look on his face.

"No, no problem," they say at the same time.

"Weird f*cks" Emilio mumbled as he turns his attention back to his food.

"Hey!" They exclaim again at the same time, and the rest of the family starts laughing.

"Papa, tell them not to harass Luke, he happens to be a good boy and my friend!" Luna demanded.

"You're not the boss, miss jelly bean" Emiliano teased.

"Shut up, and your sister is right, leave the boy alone" Emilio orders.

"Yes sir," They say at the same time again.

Emilio looked at them again and spoke up.

"And stop that creepy sh*t too" again, the whole table this time erupted in laughter.

They continue dinner in the same lighter and playful atmosphere, and Sophia was watching the exchange lovingly, she couldn't help but wish her late husband and son were still around to witness this beautiful moment, she made sure those thoughts do not show on her features, in front of her was the most comforting sight and she didn't want to ruin it by being emotional over events that took place years ago.

She had promised her husband to carry on watching over their family and being strong for their eldest son, and she will not rest until the poison named Marcus was removed from her family.

But for this night, she will enjoy this moment, and tomorrow, vengeance will come.

Marcus Morelli will meet his end soon.

Sophia vowed.

**************

Thank you for reading

Zoey 💜