CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Sicily

Emilio

"You're sure this will work?" Enzo asked me as we transport a hand cuffed Iva from the private jet to one of our vehicles

"I don't like seeing her in this state, even if it's pretend" I growled.

"Easy lover boy, you have to keep hating her for a few more hours for this to work" Bradley chimed in also in cuffs.

"It has to work, with Nico on our side now, we are now back at the top of this game" I tell Enzo.

I watched on as Nico hugged the young boy, I still can not get over how much he looked like his mother, speaking of Nora, she went through a lot, and I feel sorry that I was the cause of half her misery, I couldn't love her back when all she did was love me, I could not see her as anything else rather than Marcus's way to trap me and take my empire, I am grateful of my cautiousness against it all, and I guess for not being blinded by the love of a woman who could be easily controlled by my enemy, however no one should have gone through half the stuff she went through, both her and Iva suffered at the hands of Marcus, because of me, the power I hold has brought nothing but pain and loss for my family and in a couple of hours, one more Morelli will die, by my hand and this time we will not mourn but we will celebrate.

"Don't worry Brother, My dear father has no clue I switched sides, I will take Mama Soph and convince him I escaped and she is my prisoner, I know he won't harm her, as sick as he is, he always had a soft spot for his brother's wife, just do your part as the angry Don and we will catch him then, this whole mess will end soon, everyone who stands against us will die, for Nora I will make sure they die slowly, I will do anything to protect my nephew" Nico said with conviction.

"Brother" Enzo mocked him, jealousy evident in his voice.

Both Emilio and Nico ignored him, and walked away, he knew it would take time to win his older brother back, and as much as he didn't want to show weakness by not fighting back or fighting for his family, he hoped that it didn't come down to them killing each other, that they could find a common ground and forgive one another, as angry as he was, he would do anything to restore their bond, and that was not going to be achieved by being a begging mess, Emilio hated that, if a man is wrong, they must stand by their choice, and take responsibility and whatever consequences that follow and that did not include begging for mercy, so Enzo will not beg, he would acknowledge his faults and apologize, but he will never go down on his knees and kiss his brother's feet, that is not a way to gain Emilio's respect, and Enzo understood this, he knows he would never out best his big brother but he will prove that he is an ally that he would not want to lose or turn in to an enemy, with that in mind and a little hope that their brotherly bond was still there to help him make things better, he got in to the waiting SUV and drove off with his family.

Luna watched as her not so new uncle drove off with her friend who turned out to be her cousin, she couldn't help but feel exhausted and annoyed at their situation, it would have been better if this information was revealed in more calmer circumstances, now they have to take her mother to the dungeon in hopes of fooling her power crazy grandpa, and have to trust the word of an Uncle who abandoned them for years and another one who was a rat snitching information to the enemy, and not to mention tried to kill her, Luna did not know who to put her faith in between the two men, but she knew her job was to protect both her parents, meaning not allowing her father to kill her mother, or her strange uncle to kill her father, it didn't matter that she liked Avery, if her father tried anything stupid with the Don, Luna won't hesitate to kill him, family or not, her parents, brothers and sister came first, any threat against them had to be eliminated, she will apologize later, if Avery becomes a problem, she will have to kill her too, Her heart ached at the thought of killing her new cousin, but in this life that they were born to, you have to look after your own, if her parents never taught her that, then she feels sorry for her.