Chapter 21

────『•• ✎ ••』────

A little trivia: Haikyuu!! in manga was completed since 2020. Although there is this another manga entitled Haikyuu-buㅡ a collection of one-shots from canon characters of Furudate's work ㅡwhich is totally worth reading.

A/N: The trivia is like a promotion but who cares? lmao, Haikyuu-bu was hella funny, you won't regret giving it some time. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Kind of lame, but meh.

➽───────────────❥

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

WHIPPED
──── 21 ────
Complete

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

With hours passing by, Naomi took a break from the tiring, throat-straining, continuous rehearsal for their play. Walking towards her belongings near the window, to supposedly take the bottle of water Yohei bought for her, she was stunned when she saw the familiar ace sitting alone on the school's fieldㅡ seemingly thinking hard.

"Akira-san?" A voice broke her trance, causing the girl to turned to her side and face a puzzled Takase. "Are you alright?"

I'm spacing out. Blinking twice, "Yes. Yes, Yohei-kun, what made you think I'm not?" Akira asked back, even chuckling awkwardly to transcend her point.

"Well, you dropped this." The brunet replied, handing the water bottle she didn't notice to fell out of her grip. "Are you sure you're okay, Akira-san?" He worriedly questioned again, brave enough to stare at her apparent wavering golden orbs.

Yohei-kun with contact lense is pretty charming. I wonder how can someone be this soft and kind-looking? ㅡFinding herself in the state of reverie, the blonde unconsciously agaped her mouth, only to snapped out of her daydreaming upon the realization of what she's doingㅡ Geez, staring is rude, Naomi! And will you please stop losing your focus?! ㅡSlightly shaking her head, "Um. I- erm- I think I must do something?" She uncertainly answered; feeling the need to put her nose with the volleyball team, yet don't want to make it overlap her responsibilities toward her own club.

Glancing outside the window, "Do you know that guy?" Yohei interrogated when he seemed to notice and understand the situation.

Sighing, "Yes. It's a thing about the volleyball club, and the promise I made to some guys about bringing that man over there back." She revealed, gazing at the seated wing spiker on the view.

"Do you want to handle that first? I could make an excuse for you again if you wish." The lad offered, taking a glimpse at their president before shifting it quickly to his classmate. "Or we can make an excuse together, that'll be more convincing." He suggested, giggling happily at the idea, and causing Naomi's heart to skip a beat at the sound of his laugh.

Dumbfounded as she kept her globes at his, "Since when were you so comfortable around me?" The lass subconsciously responded, making Yohei's eyes wide as he blushed profuselyㅡ embarassed. Dawning her of the statement she blurted, "No! Eh? Ah! I-I-I-It's fine! What I mean is- um, very good, Yohei-kun. Way to go! I mean-" Groaning, "Please don't mind me. I'm on my period and my mental state isn't on its best. Let's just go, I guess?" Naomi, much to her chagrin, surrendered, yet the next thing she knew, her bags were on Yohei's hand as he gently took her arm with his free one.