Chapter 1

A/N: Hi! If you ever read this story before, I suggest you reread it from the very beginning. Sorry, but I had to make a lot of changes, so it'll be hard to follow if you don't try reading it again. Also, I decided to highlight Naomi's relationship from her past so that's a lot to add. I apologized, but enjoy!

A little trivia: Junior High Schools in Japan doesn't have Interhighs and Spring High Competitions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they are more on Tournaments each prefecture.

One of the tournament mentioned in Haikyuu was the event when Hinata and Kageyama first met. It was the "Junior High Athletics Meet" in which this first chapter will feature.

 It was the "Junior High Athletics Meet" in which this first chapter will feature

WHIPPED
Chapter 01
One Summer Tournament

It was supposed to be a normal Sunday for Naomi, just her chilling at their house doing nothingㅡ probably lying on her bed all day, eating whatever they have in the fridge, spending her entire time surfing the internet, or most likely choosing to ...

It was supposed to be a normal Sunday for Naomi, just her chilling at their house doing nothingㅡ probably lying on her bed all day, eating whatever they have in the fridge, spending her entire time surfing the internet, or most likely choosing to do all the list mentioned above.

However, much to her reluctance since it's just the first round, she still agreed to meet with her best friend. Thus, instead of lazing around, she found herself standing alone in a crowd, at the town gymnasium, where Junior High Athletics Meet Boys' Volleyball Tournament was being held.

Sighing loudlyㅡ Here goes nothing. Naomi thought before she started walking inside, feeling the blazing heat of summer as the sun seems to be extremely scorching. Entering the venue, the girl found herself lost among the sea of players and audiences doing their own businesses.

Halting on the sideline to mind her own, Akira used the hair tie on her wrist to sweep her long, blond hair in a high ponytail. Fishing her phone from her black fanny pack afterwards to contact her best friend, Tsukishima.

To: Kei
I'm already here at the gym. Where are you?

After sending the message, Naomi stared at her mobile while waiting for a reply, but after a minute of nothing, she finally gave it a rest and put her hand down. What's taking him long? A question that popped in her head as she tried thinking for any reason. I should've went over his house first.