Akira

“There. Wasn’t so hard, was it?” Persona sneered, and I glared.

You…”

“Watch that smart mouth of yours,” he warned. I decided to make the smart move and shut up, although I didn’t stop mentally insulting and cursing the man.

“So, you want me to kill Natsume, yes? If that’s the case, wouldn’t you be losing one of your best personnel? The Academy wouldn’t want that, would they?” My question was rewarded with a sharp slap from the man.

“Did I forget to tell you not to ask questions? Your job is to take orders. That and nothing else.”

My cheek still stinging with the pain of the slap combined with being ordered around did not mix well. “Hmph, stupid.”

I bit back a shout as a sharp, smarting pain spread across the same cheek. Persona had slapped me, again. “I told you not to speak.”

“For the record, you never said that. You only ordered me not to ask questions,” I shot back. Once again, my cheek was left in pain.

“For all the claims of you being a genius, you are quite dull, aren’t you? One would think you’d learn the first time, but I seems that I will have to teach you the hard way.” Persona reached for me, and I backed away.

“Uh, no thanks. I already said I’ll co-operate with you.” Whatever the man had in store for me probably wasn’t going to be good, so I decided not to try pushing him further.

“I have assigned someone to look over you, so hopefully you won’t end up screwing up or dying on your first day.” Persona’s words were biting, so I glared at him, but kept my mouth shut. “Since you’re looking at me like that, you can scram.”

I made sure to slam the door loudly when I let myself out. A lone person was leaning against the corridor wall, looking like he had been waiting for me.

“’Sup.” Someone’s in a bad mood,” he commented, watching me, smile playing on his lips.

“What do you want from me?” I snapped, not in the mood to deal with someone so cheerful.

“You’ll be stuck with me for a while, so better not start off on such bad terms, shall we?”

“You…you’re…oh. You’re the person Persona assigned to me, aren’t you?” I sighed in defeat. Might as well be civil if we stick together.

“Bingo! Just so you know, It’s best not to piss him off; you don’t know what he’ll do to you.”

“You’re scared of him?” I asked, curiously growing slightly.