Partner Goes To The No-Star

A.N: Meep! This story has almost reached 500 reads! Thank you to everyone who gave this story a bit of their time, and a bigger thank-you to the people who voted and/or commented. I hope you will continue to support me in the future.

*bows*

 ~*~*~*~ 

“Yo, where’s Ruka?” Natsume idly looked up from his manga, enquiring the whereabouts of his blue-eyed friend.

“The last thing I saw was Sumire chasing him around, trying to get him to play pretend supermodels with her or something.”

“I have no idea. I wonder where he is…”

“If we’re talking about Nogi-kun, I just saw him hurrying toward to direction of the North Woods.” Another one of Natsume’s admirers points out.

“Show me the situation there.”

“Right!” On of the lackeys ran off, coming back minutes later.

“Ruka has been captured by those three,” he panted, out of breath. “He’s been tied up and that Mikan girl hit him.”

Crimson eyes flared in anger.

“Natsume’s eyes were flaming.”

“To take Ruka hostage of all people…”

“They must be idiots…”

Hushed whispers where traded through the class.

“Whoa, Natsume, where are you going? Kai! Why are you going as well?” The braver people called out after us when they saw him swiftly moving toward the window giving the view of the North Woods.

Ignoring their endless questions, Natsume jumped out the window, and I followed suit.

~*~*~*~

“Why are you also coming along?”

“To make sure you don’t end up killing someone.”

“I won’t…probably.”

I wasn’t convinced in the slightest. “You have no idea how bloodthirsty you look right now.”

“Whatever.” We spent the rest of the run in silence.

With Natsume pushing apart the branches of a tree, we arrived the clearing where Mikan and her friends stood.

“Natsume, what are you doing here?” Ruka ran to join the side of his best friend, and I shivered, not missing the murderous glint in his eyes.

“Ruka, we’re going back.

 "But…” Ruka raised a word of protest, but was quelled by the look on his friend’s face.

 "The game is over. This girl has failed. Hurry up and get out of this school.” Grabbing Mikan’s hair, Natsume roughly shoved the girl into a tree. “You ignored my rules, and on top of that, you used Ruka. You better know what you are asking for.”

“Natsume, stop. I’m totally fine. You don’t have to do this!” Ruka called out in worry, trying to diffuse the situation.

“I’ll use whatever means necessary to find out her Alice.” As if to prove his point, a flame appeared in Natsume’s outstretched palm, flickering and dancing, casting shadows onto the ground. His eyes bored into hers. “So I suggest you spit it out what your Alice is already.”

From the corner of my eye, I saw Hotaru shift slightly, searching her pocket and withdrawing a small object. Too late to stop her, I watched she drew her hand back, throwing a smoke bomb.