The Water That Heals

Dedicated to @Ariel_ulv for being there from the very start.

~+~+~+~+~

I leaned against the wall of Natsume's bedroom, waiting for him to come into the room.

"So you got the mask taken off, huh? You really got roughed up. Who managed to do that to the high and mighty Natsume-sama?"

"It's got nothing to do with you."

"That maybe so, but you need your wounds cleaned."

"I don't need your pity." He brushed me off and continued heading to the bathroom.

I rubbed the back of my neck in irritation. "It's not out of pity. Plus, do you really want to get in the shower in that state? Your cuts will sting like hell."

"It won't." I knew he was lying.

"Well, then I suppose it won't hurt if I do this." Before he could react, I sprayed droplets of water against his injured leg, making him flinch and hiss in pain.

"Kai! What did you do that for?" He took a step towards me, making me back against the wall. He had cornered me and boxed me in. "I said leave me alone."

"Nope. Shut it, stay still, drop the pissy attitude and let me fix you up." Natsume's body was in front of me and his arms were to either side of my head, completely trapping me. I flung my leg up, kneeing him in the stomach, hard. My roommate only managed a gasp before he was lying down, his back pressed against the bed. My legs were straddling his torso, pinning him down.

"Get off me. Having a guy do this to me feels bad."

"I don't feel any better. Having to do this to another guy

"Then get off me."

"Once I do, you're just going to escape. Look, do you want me to drug you so you keep still? That's one alternative."

"No thanks."

"Then stop struggling and take off your shirt."

"..."

"It's to check for any more injuries."

"I can't do it with you on me."

"Fine, I'll move, but if you run, I'll knock you out," I warned. Making sure he got the message, I slowly got off, and sat next to him. He grimaced as he sat up and took off his shirt.

"Ow, I can't feel the bottom half of my body anymore, thanks to a certain someone here sitting on my hips." He muttered, making me roll my eyes in apathy.

"Don't be such a sissy. The numbness will pass."

With a groan, he flopped back down. "I don't see why you're doing all this for me."

I took out the emergency first aid kit from underneath the bed and opened it, finding cotton balls, disinfectant, antiseptic, bandages and a variety of other medical supplies. Deciding that I only would be needing the cotton swabs, I put the rest back. Natsume eyed the supplies in my hand with suspicion.

"Only cotton balls?"

"I plan to use my own antiseptic."

"Is safe?"

"Who knows? You'll be the first person I'll be trying it on."

"Your water has medicinal properties?"

"I use different types of water for different situations. I don't actually attack with that certain type of water.

"And you'll be experimenting on me?" he asked in disbelief.

"Got any complaints?"

"Too many."

"Then raise them with someone else."

"Tch, just get in over and done with."

I gave a mock salute in response. "Will do."

I lightly wet the first ball of cotton with water and dabbed it on his smaller and shallower scrapes and cuts, making sure I was gentle. Natsume didn't seem to be in much pain, save for a few winces here and there.

"It doesn't sting nearly as much as normal antiseptic."

"It's because antiseptics contain alcohol, and I'm using water," I explained.

"I know that, but I find it strange that it has the same antibacterial properties as alcohol, but it's just water." He shook his head. "You have one weird, flexible Alice."

"Pffttt! You may say that, but your Alice is just as strange as mine."

My hand must've moved as I laughed, because Natsume hissed in pain. "Ouch, watch what you're doing!"

"My bad." For the next minute, we were silent as I tended to his wounds, cleaning them carefully. "Done." I threw the last of the cotton balls in the bin when I finished.

"Can I go now?"

"No. There's one more thing left."

"What more can you do? You've already cleaned them."

"I told you that this was a semi-experiment, didn't I?" I grinned. "We're only half done."

Concentrating, I brought forth a sphere of water, different from any type I've used before. I had been practicing doing this over the past week, but often, it would have no effect. Only recently it had shown signs of working, but it was extremely tiring to make.

Keeping the orb of water hovering around my head, I drew out small drops of water and directed them towards one of Natsume's larger gashes, letting them trickle in a particularly deep cut. I felt disappointment course through my body as nothing happened. I was ready to stop when Natsume's voice stopped me.

"What are you doing? It tingles," he complained, and I looked closer at his gash. It was barely noticeable, but his skin shifted. As after a few seconds, the process sped up, his laceration closing as the skin mended. After a full minute it had turned into a scab, and when the scab fell, a scar remained which also faded, leaving a new layer of unblemished skin behind.

Motivated by the success, I did the same with all his other wounds, healing them. Just as I finished, I felt light headed from the overuse of power. "I'm finished now. You can go take a shower. I've already taken one."

"So what did you do to me?"

"Go check in the mirror."

Natsume did as he was told, coming back seconds later.

"You can heal?"

"Yes, although only a little. It's too draining to be worth it though. That was the limit of my ability. If your injuries were any more severe, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to help you. Anyway, I'm sleeping first; I feel terrible. Night."

Crawling under the covers, I pulled it over me and made myself comfortable. Well, I'm not doing that again in a hurry, was the last though I had before my head it the pillow, and I was out.

I'm doing this from memory, so if I miss you, I'm sorry. Just drop me a message, and I'll be more than happy to give my thanks.