1

~ Yaar ko deeda khumar se ojhal kr k

  Mujh ko halaat ne maara hai mukammal kr k

  Yaani tarkeeb e karam ka bhi saleeqa tha isse

  Iss ne pathar bhi uthaya mujhe pagal kr k

"I am telling you I will never let my sister be sold like that to any person father thinks is best for her." Daneen said as she wrapped her arms around her sister Rukhma who was crying continuously since she came to know of her father's decision.

"Beta I cannot do anything if your father says anything." Her mother shed tears as she sat on the sofa.

"This is the mistake you do ammi. You have been bearing father's injustice since long and have never raised your voice. All our life you taught us to say yes to everything he says. He beat us, he deprived us of going outside, he restricted our education and we just bowed our head to his decisions. Now he is saying that he will get my baby sister married to that sinister politician. Not on my watch, ammi. Now see what I will do." Daneen said as she stormed towards the door. Her mother sat on the sofa with her head in her hands as she tried to register what was happening in the house. Rukhma came and sat beside her mother and hugged her.

"Ammi you know that I can't get married. Please call Afreen auntie and tell this situation. I believe she will understand." Rukhma said innocently and forwarded her phone. Raheela sighed as she kissed her head taking her in a warm embrace.

"Beta, I tried calling her but I don't know where she went. It is as if the whole family has vanished from the face of earth. Now we can only pray to Allah to save you from your father's wrath."

Rukhma whimpered and went towards the window looking outside.

"Aeid where are you?" Rukhma whispered as her heart burnt with unknown fears.

*************************

Saying that Daneen was furious was an understatement. She took hurried steps towards the drawing room and barged inside banging the door into the wall. Her father, Kazim was sitting on the sofa while Samraan Ghazi sat on the opposite side of the room. Kazim was startled by the sudden outburst and stood up. Daneen gave him an angry glare while irritation was visible on his face. He had never allowed his daughters to speak in front of him and here she was eyeing him angrily.

Daneen moved towards Samraan who sat peacefully as if there was nothing wrong. He stood up as he saw Daneen approaching.

"You mister, stay away from my sister. I am warning you if you come even within 10 feet of her presence, I will cut you into pieces and feed them to the dogs." Daneen spat as she held his collar.