10

~Ankhein thin jo keh gayin sab batein
Lafz hote tou mukar gaye hote

Life continued for Daneen and Samraan with their teasings here and there. Samraan would annoy her all the time acting all flirty and she would act all angry on him but at the end of the day things would get settled over a pizza or coffee. Daneen smiled to herself as she thought about him. Just then the phone rang. An unknown number displayed on the screen. She was reluctant to take the call but somehow answered the phone on the fifth bell.

The voice on the other side was the greatest shock for Daneen. She heard Rukhma crying and telling her everything and Daneen's heart just pumped faster as she listened to what her baby sister had to go through.

Daneen tried to console her but even her own heart wasn't at peace.
She asked Rukhma if someone was near her and after a period of silence a manly voice came from the other side.

"Assalamualaikum."

"Wa alaikum assalam. I am Daneen, Rukhma's elder sister. Please give me the location details so that I can reach her."

"Right now we are in Muree but I am planning to take her to my house. It's not safe here."

Rukhma felt weird to leave her sister in the hands of another man.

"No, I will come there by myself you don't have to be worried about her."

"Believe me I understand your worries but she is in safe hands. I am Zul Aeid. I was with Rukhma through the whole journey and now after what my bastard step brother has done I will not leave her alone. Please trust me this once. I will tell you the rest of the story afterwards. You can take Bi Jaan's contact information and confirm from there if you want but rest assured I will take care of your sister."

Daneen was reluctant at first but there was something in his voice that was making her trust him. She took the contact details and address from him and promised to come soon for her sister.

After cutting the call, she took breaths to relax herself. She thought of all the situation as if it was her fault. She shouldn't have sent her innocent sister out there alone. There were other ways to stop the marriage but she was the one who forced Rukhma to go to Muree all alone. Tears gathered in her eyes and the only person that she thought could pacify her was Samraan.

She hurriedly picked her phone and dialled Samraan's number. She tried calling him again and again but he was not picking up.

"That dumbass dare ignore me. Wesay tou baray daway krta hai mohabbat ke ab zaroorat aayi tou bhag gaya. Wait till he comes back home. I will chop him to pieces."

(He claims to love me but when I needed him he ran away.)

Daneen furiously cut the onion for Biryani mumbling about him. After cooking the meal, she came in the lounge and turned on the tv. But the news that she heard snatched the earth from underneath her feet.

"Soon to be elected as the minister and an important candidate for the election, Samraan Ghazi have been shot twice as he was leaving his office. No news have come yet but the officials are saying he is in danger right now. We will update you if we get any information."

The newscaster was repeating the same words on and on but Daneen was numb. Only a few minutes back she got the news of het sister and now this. Her mind was in a state of shock. In a frenzy mode, she called Samraan's phone again with trembling hands. He wasn't picking up and she had no other means to contact him. She cried hard as she buried her head in her hands.

In that moment, the door opened with a bang and an injured Samraan with bandage on his arm came with his bodyguard on his side. He dismissed the guard and looked around for Daneen.

Daneen was sitting on the sofa still crying loudly. Samraan came towards her and sat with her.

"Daneen." He looked her out softly.

Daneen heard his voice and looked up. She couldn't believe it was him. She touched his face unconsciously. As soon as she knew it was him, she dashed into his arms. Samraan was surprised by her sudden actions. Sure, they were friends before but Daneen never came close to her wilfully.

Samraan rubbed her back as she hiccuped. After her crying subsided, she hit him hard on the chest.

"What was that for, women. Can't you see I am already injured." Samraan said with a fake frown.

Daneen looked at his arm, caressing it as she made a sorry face but when she looked at his mischievous eyes, she punched him on the chest again and again. Samraan laughed and caught his wrists.

"Ab kya hua?" (Now what happened?)

Samraan asked.

"That's for making me so much worried about you. Why were you not picking my calls? And you got yourself shot. Why did you do this? You want to get rid of me, I know. Don't find such ways for this. I will leave you once these elections are over. I know you want the same -------"

Daneen blabbered in fury when Samraan silenced her with his lips. He kissed her softly and moved away when Daneen placed her hand on his nape and pushed him towards herself taking him in another kiss. He was stunned but both of them poured out their feelings into the kiss. After some time, they pulled out panting as they placed their foreheads against each other.

"If I knew a gunshot could make my wife so bold, I would have taken a bullet to my chest a long time ago." Samraan said playfully as he wrapped his arm around her.

Daneen glared at her but her cheeks were still burning with shyness. Samraan pinched her cheeks and kissed them.

"Samraan you are injured. You should take rest now." Rukhma said getting up.

"Apki bahon mein hi mera sukoon hai." Samraan said flirtatiously.

(My peace is in your arms.)

Daneen threw a cushion on him and forced him to stand up, taking him to the room. She made him lay down and was going to the kitchen to make some soup for him when he called,

"Why were you calling me for so long? Was everything alright?"

"It's fine. We will talk about it later. Now take some rest and I will be back soon." Daneen said half smiling as she closed the door.

She stood with her back to the door as her insecurity came upon her. Samraan had liked Rukhma and wanted to marry her. Was she just a marriage agreement to him? She was in love with Samraan but was he in love with her too. Thoughts flooded her mind but she shrugged them off but a certain pain ached her heart. The pain of one sided love.

*********************

Guysss!!!! A Daneen Samraan chapter for you peeps. Hope you like it ❤️❤️

I have started my internship at a bank and it's going to end in September. I will try my best to give you guys updates but no promises 🙊

The mystery person from the previous chapter will be revealed next. I saw all your guesses. Some were actually right🤩

Till then, vote, comment and share. ❤️

Check out my book Metanoia and plz plz plz go and review it on Good Novel. Subscribe and Vote for it with free gems you get everyday.

Love you. Stay safe ✨