10- Last

~ Mein ne iss se judaa ho kr bhi dekha hai

   Mohabbat bharne ke siwa kuch bhi nhi hua

It's been more than three weeks since Maahir and Mahrukh were brought home. Mahrukh insisted on going to her maternal home. Fiza agreed as she thought it would be best that Mahrukh spends her days with her family as she had not visited them enough during pregnancy. Also, she could meet them whenever she wanted as they lived close to each other.

Mahrukh was being pampered by the whole family. Everyone tried to take care of her as much as possible. Shaan and Hoor would fight all the time and would make Mahrukh smile on their silly remarks. Fiza was, most of the time, at their home as she wanted to keep her grandson close to her. Mahrukh's mother and aunt would cook healthy food for her as to overcome all the weakness of the operation. Her father and uncle would pick up Maahir as soon as they came from office. In short, Mahrukh was blessed to have such a caring family but still her heart felt hollow. There was a certain loneliness lurking around her even when she sat with her family. Her heart craved for Saahir but Saahir hadn't showed his face since she came from the hospital.

Saahir would come and meet Maahir taking him in his arms. He felt content on seeing his son's face whose nose resembled Mahrukh but he looked like a photocopy of him. He would smile sadly remembering Mahrukh's arguments on who the baby would look like. He would go upstairs to meet Mahrukh but wouldn't get the courage to go inside her room. He would go to the balcony and sit there staring outside and after sometime go back to his home kissing Maahir's forehead for the last time.

Hoor sensed their sadness and decided to confront Mahrukh as to what happened between the two of them.

*******************************************

At night when Maahir was being fed by Mahrukh, Hoor came in her room and sat beside her. Mahrukh caressed Maahir's hair as she hummed. She looked up at Hoor and passed a smile. After feeding Maahir, she picked him up and laid him on the bed. All this time Hoor's eyes were on her as if examining her every movement.

"What happened, Hoor? Why are you staring at me like I did something wrong?" Mahrukh said as she sat beside Hoor properly taking her hand in hers.