6

~Yeh jo tum krte ho ishq mein hisaab kitaab

Aur hum jo krne bethen tou khareed len tumhe

After the incident, Rukhma became quiet. After all the crying and consolation, she sat staring into dead space. Her sister and mother, both were expecting a good place for her with her husband but what did she get. Denial, disappointment, pain. Suddenly, her life was a bigger mess than before. Neither could she go to her house neither to her husband's house. She was trapped for everywhere. Her mind was numb and her senses gave up. She only wanted to have her sister and mother back.
Hassan looked worriedly at her as she wasn't even responding to their voices. He nodded at Gul who was worried as well. Hassan lightly shook her shoulder and asked,
"Rukhma?"

Rukhma turned her head and looked at him. Hassan's heart ached on seeing her like this. Her eyes were still glossy and void of any emotions. She looked like a statue.

Gul interjected,
"Is there anyone you want to talk to, Rukhma?"

Rukhma remembered her sister's phone number and nodded her head. Gul put his phone forward for her. She took it and dialled Daneen's number. Hassan was still examining her expressions as she held the phone to her ears.

"Hello?" came the stern voice of Daneen from the other side.

Rukhma couldn't resist but whimper at her voice. Hot tears ran down her cheeks.

"Aapi?" Rukhma said with a trembling voice.

On the other side, Daneen was astonished to hear Rukhma's teary voice from an unknown number's side. Panic filled her veins as she thought something terrible had happened to her baby sister.

"Rukhma? Are you alright, baby? Why are you crying? Where are Auntie and Zul aeid? Tell me Rukhma. I am scared."

"Aapi, he divorced me. He didn't want me after all these years. His affection was all fake. Uncle forced him to marry me. Auntie doesn't want me as well. She didn't stop her son. I want to come back to you. I don't want to be here. Do something."

The desperation and pain in her voice caused Daneen's heart to stop. She clutched her heart as she cried silently.

"No, baby. I will not let anything happen to you. Where are you now? Whose with you? I'll come right away to get you."

Daneen said. Rukhma gave the phone to Gul not having enough energy to answer het questions.

"She is my sister. Tell her the location." Rukhma whispered as she looked down.

Gul looked at Hassan and passed him the phone. Hassan moved to the side and talked to Daneen in a hushed tone. Rukhma was just oblivious to notice anything. She didn't notice when Hassan came back and gave her the phone.