8

~ Naraz tum naraz hum kesay miten gi yeh dooriyan

 Tum muntazir, hum be khabar, dono ki hain majbooriyan

Rukhma x Zul Aeid:

"Rukhma Kazim, do you take Zul aeid Hassan to be your husband in the eyes of Islam and law, for a mehar of 25 lakh?"

It wasn't what Rukhma had expected. There was one man who had destroyed her and then there was this man who vowed to keep her happy for the rest of her life. Her mind couldn't register anything. She looked up towards Bi Jaan who nodded her head. She sighed and said,

"I do." Three times the words were said and her fate was sealed. She cried as her heart felt heavy on the absence of her family. Bi Jaan hugged her, consoling her. Baba Jaan patter her head. She clinged to Bi Jaan as she thought about her future. "What will this man do to her?" revolved in her mind throughout.

After sometime Baba Jaan came and congratulated both of them of Zul Aeid accepting her as his wife. Rukhma's heart thumped as she felt a strange feeling in her stomach on being called his wife. They were called out in the garden area where arrangements were made. Only some friends of Baba Jaan and some colleagues of Zul aeid were invited along with their families.

She walked holding Bi Jaan's hand. As she stepped into the garden area, she saw Zul Aeid clad in a white shalwar suit sitting on the stage. His beard was trimmed to perfection and his hair was set to a side. He looked deliciously handsome. Rukhma lowered her gaze with shyness. He stood up seeing her coming towards him.

Bi Jaan put her hand in his giving them prayers for a beautiful life forward. On the particular dua (prayer) of having healthy children and a great marital life, Rukhma's cheeks got pink as Zul Aeid rubbed his neck as his ears turned pink.

They both sat on the sofas as people came and greeted them.

"Tou bhai kya haal hain dulhe miyan aapke?" Gul said mischievously as he settled beside Zul Aeid.

(So how are you the great groom?)

Zul Aeid glared at her while Rukhma ducked her head more.

"Stop it now or you will not know where you will be posted next time?" Zul Aeid said with a smirk as Gul gulped.

"No Bhai I was just saying that you two look so beautiful together. May this couple live long. AMEEEN." Gul shouted as he stuffed a gulab jamun in Zul Aeid's mouth and ran away.

Zul Aeid ate it with difficulty as Rukhma smiled seeing his red face. Zul Aeid looked towards her still trying to chew the sweet when a flash made them look at the front.