³

"Sir Shahzar if you would like to look at our company's legal rights. I have brough-"

Maheen's words died in her mouth as she saw Sadia standing close to Shahzar trying to seduce him with her dirty tactics while Shahzar was focusing on his file. As Maheen entered he looked up and passed her a smile while Sadia was ignited on his behavior. Shahzar gave the file to Sadia and gestured her to go. Maheen was silent all this time. Sadia passed her not before giving her a glare. Maheen came forward and almost threw the file on his table. Shahzar didn't know why Maheen was so infuriated. He worriedly came close to Maheen as she was going back.

"What's the matter Maheen? Why are you acting so angry right now?"
He asked.

"You. You are my problem. Why is that whenever I come to see you or even start thinking good about you, you do something that makes me hate you. Why are you so despicable Shahzar Shahzaib."

Maheen spatted. Shahzar was dumbfounded for a moment but as he registered her words, he was agonized. Why was that, that the girl who he loved in the whole freaking world would say something like that to him.
He clutched onto Maheen's arm and pulled her closer.

"Maheen I may have given you the right to do anything but I will not tolerate it if you say anything without a reason. You can show the hatred but for the love of God at least give me a reason for this. You know I cannot tolerate it."

Shahzar cupped her face and helplessly said to her. Hurt and hopelessness was evident in his tone.

Maheen was shocked for a moment. She didn't want to do this to him but all the things of the past flashed before her eyes. Helpless tears spilled out and she pushed Shahzar back.

"You know it Shahzar. You knew my feelings still you hurt me. I came to your office that day. I was the happiest girl alive on that day. But you betrayed me. I will never forgive you."

She ran away as she said this. Shahzar's body was frozen at his place and the past was again standing as a barrier between two people. But Shahzar knew what he would have to do now to save this relationship from further distances.

***********

Past

"I think we should accept Shahzar's proposal for Maheen. Shahzar is like our own child. He will be the best spouse for Maheen. But still I will ask Maheen first before giving a yes."

Maheen's father said these words while Maheen who was standing outside the door was listening to all this. She was on the seventh sky as she heard it. She couldn't believe Shahzar would ask for her hand in marriage. She wanted to ask Shahzar first so she decided to visit his office in the afternoon.

In the afternoon, she got ready in her favourite blue ankle length dress. She felt butterflies in her stomach as she thought about them as a couple. She didn't inform Shahzar as she wanted to surprise him. As she reached his office building, she took the elevator and went up to his office.

As she opened the door, she was shocked to her core on what she saw. Shahzar was lying on his sofa with a half naked girl climbed onto him, kissing him. Shahzar's shirt biuttond were gone and the girl's skirt was pulled up to her stomach. Maheen couldn't move for a second. It looked as if it was a making out session. As Shahzar moved the girl away and sat up, he saw Maheen in the doorway. He didn't know what to say. He came towards Maheen but Maheen ran away with tear filled eyes filling Shahzar with remorse and guilt.

Weeks and weeks passed, Shahzar tried to explain himself and Maheen wouldn't listen to anything. The proposal was rejected by Maheen. Her parents didn't question her. Shahzar was embarrassed but her parents didn't make him feel any change. He would meet the family like before but deep inside he knew nothing could be like before.

Everything was a lost cause now. Maheen didn't trust him and Shahzar didn't explain himself properly. Everything was jumbled up but who knew what would future bring for them.

********

An update finally!!!! Thanks everyone and keep voting please ✨