{} Chapter 3 {}

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
-~-~-~

     I heard a lyre play, same rhythm, both of our instruments play in sync. The lyre stopped playing. Then, I felt two hands on my shoulders. Turning my head to see the bard I have seen before. I remove his hands away from my shoulders and stare at him with a puzzled expression on my face.

      "Scared you, didn't I?" The bard laughed as he made his lyre disappear.

     "Oh, it's you. And, no. You didn't scare me at all." I grumbled, then added, "and how come you're here already? Aren't you supposed to be in Liyue or something?"

     "Being in Liyue is so boring! So, I went back here. Did ya miss me?" Venti asked as he crosses his arms.

     I rolled my eyes and look back at the music sheet that was on the Music Rack. "How could I miss a person who I just met 2 days ago?"

     Venti leaned against my piano, whistling, "Well, I don't know. I'm assuming you missed me because you actually waited for me to come back!"

     "No! I was just practicing how to play your song, and there you are, coming up to ME and assuming I missed YOU." I shouted at him.

     Venti's eyes widened, then he gently closed his eyes and grinning. "I know you missed me."

     "..."

     Venti's face flushed. Maybe he's embarrassed.

     "Le-Let's forget all of this! Can I listen to you play?" Venti asked, his eyes instantly opened, stood straight up, and places his hands on his hips.

     "Yeah sure," I replied calmly, placing my twitching fingers slowly on the piano keys. I started to play. First it went so smoothly, but I messed up because of something... I let out a heavy sigh. "Damn you!"

     "Huh?" I heard a voice quiver say that, and I turn to the bard. He had a shocked look on his face. My eyes gently look at his and I took a deep breath.

     "—I messed up, let me play again." I gulped, trying to not sound suspicious. Placing my fingers on the piano again and played, except no more mess-ups.

     Venti clapped, sounding ecstatic, "That was an outstanding performance! You played so well on your second try!"

     Sighing, I shrug my shoulders, "thanks I guess."

     "I promised we would duet after we see each other again, didn't I? So, let's move this piano, shall we?" The aqua guy glanced at me with a grin.

     "I didn't agree with this." I groan, but Venti must've never heard me. Yeah, I'd admit, I wanted to see him again 2 days ago, but I was too afraid to tell him. He tries to pull the piano to the fountain, but it was too heavy for him. Venti looked rather worried when trying to push the piano. I didn't know why.

     "Can you help a bard out? Ehe...?" His giggle sounded nervous.

     I let out an annoyed sigh and helped him. Pushing the heavy piano in front of the fountain, using all our strength, we both got tired fast, but we did it. The powerful gust of wind made the music sheet fly up. I jumped for it. The bard jumped for it too; we caught it together and his hand was on top of mine. Quickly snatching it from him, placing the music sheet on the music rack again, then walking to the piano and sit down on my seat. Venti hummed and took out his lyre, standing beside me.