{} Chapter 8 {}

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

     Munch, Munch, Munch.

     Y/N heard it all. They swiftly got up from the bed, rubbing their eye gently. Gosh, what time is it? They thought to themselves. Their eyes shifted to the alarm clock beside them, 6:58 P.M. Across from their bed was Venti, who was up eating his Matsutake Meat Rolls while sitting on his bed. Y/N's head tilted, where did he get that from? The bard glanced at them and smiled, setting his plate on top of the drawer.

     "Good morning—! Or...shall I say, good evening. How was your rest?" asked Venti, and a gentle smile appeared on his face.

     "Fine," they replied. Their e/c eyes were locked onto the Matsutake Meat Rolls. Venti noticed and chuckled. He knew what they were going to ask him, so he answered before they could question him and stuff.

     "I got that from the restaurant downstairs. They're still open! And yes, I have mora to fully pay for it. I heard there's a balcony where we can see Mt. Qingqe and Jueyun Karst. Care to join me?"

   ~Venti

     "Sure, why not,"  answered Y/N, as they got up from their bed and took the key out of their drawer. They pulled off the cape that was around them and handed it to me. I took it and slipped it on. Then, I got up from my bed. Leaving Jeffery alone with the rest of the meat rolls.

     As my brown shoes shuffled towards the door, I noticed Y/N wobbling a bit. A yawn was heard from them, and a stretch in-between. Y/N continued to wobble while approaching me, acting like nothing happened. It made me snicker, it was hilarious to watch but I kept my laughter in. We left the room and the pianist locked the door with the key. Excitedly, I ran upstairs to the top of the inn where the balcony was. They finally catch up to me as I waited for them. My view was blocked by two people, one tall blonde and one short white-haired pixie.

     I beamed, "Hey Traveller! Hey Paimon! What are you guys he—"

     Y/N gasped and ran up to them, "Aether! Paimon!"

"Hey Y/N! Hello Venti, what are you two doing here?" Aether asked, turning around to see us.

Y/N's face flushed, "I should say the same to you. But, we're—"

"A-ahem... we're just staying here for two days. Nothing special!" I answered for them, feeling a stern tone in my voice.

Y/N nodded, and a small smile appeared on their face as they stared at Aether. I do the same, except it doesn't feel right. So, I just stopped. I made my way to the trio and crossed my arms. I think it's just me, but I've noticed Y/N looking a lot cheerful right now. Ignoring those thoughts, I talked about what Y/N and I are going to do in Liyue Harbour.
Suddenly, I froze.

     "Do you want to come with us?" they asked the two, a bright grin still on their face.

    "Of course—"

     "NO!"

     That was the sound of my voice that yelled loudly, that the people around here can hear. I gasped at what I did and glanced at the floor. Covering my mouth in embarrassment and blinked several times. The silence was deafening, and it made my heart thump so loud that it echoed through my brain. That... was... so... embarrassing. It was the dumbest thing I've ever done in years. My glistening eyes shifted to the three, who stared at me with a blank stare. Laughing nervously, my face felt hot.

     "Wow, Tone-Deaf Bard! A note that you can actually sing! Paimon's impressed!" guffawed Paimon, clapping her hands repeatedly. She was practically spinning in laughter, and I mean literally. She did 360 flips as she let out her earthshaking laughs. To think that a small pixie like her could laugh at me, an Archon! How shameful. I let my arms drop to my sides in defeat and glared at Paimon. Gentle chuckles from Aether were heard.