{} Chapter 4 {}

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Venti woke up before Y/N. His aquamarine eyes slowly opened, glancing at the window where the sun was rising, then he looks up at the ceiling. His arms behind his head, trying to remember how he got here. Something pops into his head, yes! Maybe he got kidnapped!—No... he wasn't. The bard shook his head and kept thinking again, 'how did I get here...' He sits up and looks over at the sleeping pianist, then he remembered something. He was trying to befriend Y/N! He snaps his fingers when he found out the reason he's here. Venti grabbed his beret and put it on his head, then he puts on his cape. His head turned to Y/N, deciding to wake them up or not. The bard's finger was about to tap on their shoulder, but their body shifted to face him. He gasps and stops himself to make any noise. Venti tapped their shoulder twice, Y/N moved a bit. Their eyes slowly opened and gasped loudly when they saw the bard. They took the pillow that their head was resting on and threw it onto the bard's face.

"Ahh!—" the bard fell, along with a loud thud. Venti groaned and sat up straight after he fell, and put on his beret back onto his head again. "What was that for!?"

Y/N panted, then realized it was Venti and sat up. "Oh. It's you."

"Are you two alright? What was that noise just now?" Blanche shouted from downstairs.

Y/N and Venti looked at each other and Y/N shouted back at Blanche, "Yeah! I just saw a large roach and threw a pillow at it!"

Venti looked offended, his eyes glared at Y/N and yelled, "Hey!"

"Okay... Well, I'm making breakfast! Come downstairs soon!" The woman shouted.

"Okay!" Venti and Y/N said in sync.

     The two glare at each other angrily, then they both look away. They both stood up and walked to the door. Venti was about to back away so Y/N could go first, but Y/N shoved him and left their room. Venti groaned and followed them. The two walk downstairs, avoiding eye contact. The smell of fresh pancakes fills the air and they immediately run to the dinner table. Y/N sat down first, then Venti sat down beside them with a bright smile on his face. Y/N rolled their eyes and their eyes landed on a weird pancake. Venti looks at where Y/N is looking and tilts his head.

"Super flat pancakes..?" Venti whispered out loud.

The woman giggled, taking a bowl of fruits, maple syrup, and brought it onto the table. "These are 'Crepes.' Originated in Fountaine, fancy, huh? They're a much flatter version of pancakes."

"Never knew there could be different pancakes!" He chirped, admiring the freshly cooked crepes.

Blanche takes the plates and cups out of the cabinet and sets one plate and one cup in front of Venti, and does the same to Y/N. She placed down the crepes on Venti's and Y/N's plate, then her owns.

"Before you eat it, add fruits first. To make it sweet, like sliced apples. After you're done, you can wrap it up and add butter and maple syrup onto it. Sara taught me and gave me the recipe when we were on our date." Explained Blanche, grabbing strawberries and filling the crepe with them. Then, pouring maple syrup and a piece of butter on top. "That's how you do it!"

Venti and Y/N nodded and did the same thing as Blanche, but Venti's crepe looked messy, while Y/N's was neat. He looks over at their crepe, amused, then looking at his. Disappointed.

"You two did so well on your first try! I could just eat them instead of mine!" Laughed Blanche, handing out the fork and knives to them.

     All of them sliced their crepe and ate, they all let out a happy sigh. Y/N tries to grab the pitcher full of milk but Venti already got it. He looked happy as he poured the milk into his cup. His eyes glanced at Y/N, who was looking at the pitcher.