Chapter Four

People always say to never avoid your problems, and usually, I don't. But every once in awhile it's nice to pretend that all my problems have disappeared into thin air.

Of course, pretending can only last so long, before you're pulled back into the harsh reality of how things really are. How they will always be.

"Sophie. You're leaving tomorrow and you still haven't talked to anyone. I'm getting worried." Elwin has tried to convince me to talk to someone the entire week. It's starting to get annoying.

I try to avoid talking as much as possible, but Elwin's okay I guess. "Fine. I'll talk to Musa's kid. The little girl." Elwin nodded his head and went to his office, probably to call Musa to see if it was okay. A couple minutes later someone burst though the door. Small curls bounced around as Zehra tried to jump up on my cot.

Laughing, I use my telekinesis to hoist her up on my lap. "Sophie!" Her tiny arms clung around my neck as she giggled.

"Good to see you too, Zehra." I hug her gently. She pulls away.

"Leo came too, but he's waiting in the hall because he doesn't know if you wanted to see anyone else." I look over at Musa. Today she was wearing an oversized yellow shirt with jean shorts. Are those human clothes?

"He can come in." I smiled as Musa brought in a hesitant Leo.

"Do you want to play a game?" A couple months ago I put some human games in here to play when I have a near death experience. It's proven to be very entertaining. I think other students use them too.

Zehra lifts her head up and grins, jumping off the cot, somehow managing to not break a bone. "Where?!"

My smile widened as I point to the small cabinet next to Elwin's office.

She runs over to look for a game and Leo sits on a cot next to mine. "Thanks for inviting her. I think she's pretty traumatized from what happened last week."

"I thought she might be. I'm sorry she had to go though that."

"It isn't your fault." But it was. They were there for me. They killed people because of me. I can already imagine how many people are going to be mad at me for their dead friends and family.

Zehra runs back over with one of my childhood favorites, Uno.

"I call going first!"

Zehra and Leo were surprisingly good at most human games. Apparently Musa aid some and they played all the time.

Unfortunately, our fun was short lived. After a couple games of Uno, Fitz came busting in.

Woohoo.

"Seriously Sophie? You'll have strangers come in and talk to them but you can't even talk to any of your friends or family? We need to talk about important things and your just sitting here playing games!" Shocked, I stayed quite. Why didn't Sandor or someone stop him from coming in? And why is he yelling in front of a child?

"Oh would you cut it out and talk to me! First you keep your biological parents from me and now you can't even talk to me? Is it because of Keefe?" Why does everyone keep bringing that up?

He doesn't give me a chance to respond before he's yelling again. "It is, isn't it? You're still sad that Keefe's gone! Well news flash, he left, again and he's not coming back this time so you need to get over it and get back to work."

Elwin and Musa, hearing yelling, came out of Elwin's office.

"Fitz? What are you doing here I told you no visiting." Fitz laughed humorlessly.

"Is that rule only for her friends or do these idiots just get to come in here whenever they want to?" Fitz snapped.

"Don't you dare come in here and call my children idiots. Sophie can have whoever she wants in here and who ever she doesn't want out there. Right now that includes you and with good reason, so how about you get out before I forcefully remove you.

"Woah. Go off I guess. It's official, these are my favorite people on the planet right now. Fitz huffed and stomped out of the room, leaving all of us in silence.

"Sorry about that." I mumbled.

"It's not your fault." Leo gave me a comforting smile.

"Yeah, it's not your fault that guys a big idiot!" Zehra added in.I smiled softly at that. Arms wrap around me from behind, surprising me. "Honey, if someone ever talks like that to you like that again, you go straight to me. I'll set them straight."

 I tense up at the arms around me before sinking in to them.

"Thank you guys."

"We've also got to teach you on how to defend yourself." Musa ruffled my hair before walking back to Elwin's office, but not before shouting and locking the doors to outside.

Zehra pokes my arm innocently. "Can we play another game now?"

Ew a filler chapter. Sorry this ones short, don't worry the next couple chapters will be better and (hopefully) longer, bye loves!