Chapter Eight

I've always been good I'm at hiding secrets. I had to hide most my life from people all the time. And when you have so many all the time, you get good at hiding them.

Fitz used to be the person I told everything to. I had to tell everything to. I was okay with it most the time, it was nice to have someone to tell everything to so I wasn't the only one keeping that secret.

He knew everything. I knew everything. He would always push me to tell him things. Like how I had a crush on him. But this is different. It isn't some silly crush, it's an illegal baby.He knows. 

He knows. He knows. He knows. He knows. He knows. Those are the only words my mind could make up as I stared, terrified, into his teal eyes that I once thought looked so pretty.

"Why can't I get into your head any longer? Can you even hear me when I transmit to you?" My whole body drops with relief.

"And your happy about this? Do you know what this means? It mean we can't be cognates!"

"Do you not remember the last couple hours? I don't want to be cognates! The whole reason you can't get in my head anymore is probably because I don't trust you anymore!" I wiggle out of his grip and shove him off the bed.

"Now get out before I make you." I growl.

He snorts, easily masking his face of hurt. "Make me? You can't make me do anything!"

I restrain myself from launching at him. "I'm giving you one more chance."

He stays put. "I'm not leaving until you tell me your secret."

"SANDOR! HELP!"

Sandor storms though the door, dragging Fitz out with no questions. I hear Fitz yelling all the way down the stairs.

I sigh, using my telekinesis to shut the door and flop down on my pillow, hoping this day would end.

The day dragged on until finally, it was the next morning. I sluggishly made got ready and headed to school, dreading the entire day.

As I walk to physical education, Magnate Leto stops me.

"Miss Foster, I was informed you wanted a meeting regarding your telepathy lessons?" Oh. That was quick.

"I already have Sir Terigan and Mr. Vacker in my office. Please, right this way."

I try to resist from picking out my eyelashes as he leads me to his office.

When we get there, Fitz and Terigan are both already sitting down in one of the chairs.

The room wasn't small, but it was t big. It was very simple with a table and chairs and a desk in the corner. There was nothing that really stood out other than the weird lights, which hung from the ceiling in all kinds of funky shapes. The bland white walls and carpeted floor that weirdly reminded me of the carpet at a hospital weren't helping to add a little bit of...spice to the place.

I sat across from Fitz and Terigan as Magnate Leto grabbed a file off his desk.

"So, Miss Foster, I see you want to quit your cognate lessons, is there a specific reason why?"

My mouth goes dry as everyone's whites turn to me. "I just... have something's I'm no longer comfortable with sharing."

I avoid Fitzs glares and looking at the table.

"I see, of course, you have the right to stop training at anytime, so I will reschedule you two in separate classes and we can move past this."

I start to get up but Magnate Leto stops me, letting the other two walk out before he shuts the door.