Chapter 2

Okay, guys, cut!!! The main director of Absentia shouted and gave a 5 minute break to all the actors who were playing the current scene.
Just as Stana headed for her trailer, a voice called out her name...

Stana's POV

"Ya, Greg, what's up?" I went back to Greg, our main director who was sitting in his chair and writing something nervously on the scripts for the next episode I guess.
"Remember that repetitive spy role I said we would need for a few episodes to come?"
"Ya" I nodded in agreement
"Well...We need that role for the next episode"
"The next episode ?! How are we going to find someone in such a short time?" I asked expecting some quality explanation but instead I got a completely calm answer:
"There is no 'we' , you, you will find someone perfect for the role."
"Me?? How do you expect me to find someone within two days??" I asked nervously because I knew such a thing was not feasible.
"Oh, come on please don't tell me you don't have a tall, handsome, interesting colleague among all those actors you know"
"Why can’t it be one of the boys already starring in the series?" An idea came to me and I tried to get out of the job that seemed to follow me, unconditionally phoning everyone I know and looking for the perfect candidate for the role..
"Nah, girl, I need someone new, brand new, it will be ideal and so we will intrigue the audience even more"
He smiled a mysterious smile and quickly began writing something on the script...
"You just find a guy, I already have a perfect scene plan for the two of you!"
"The two of us?" I asked confused.
"Girl, I won’t be the one to run with him and shoot down the villains, it will be you!"
He rolled his eyes and sighed in his classic style.
"And now chap-chap get to work"
He exclaimed after me as I walked towards my trailer...

I mean we all love Greg, he's a great guy and all, but sometimes he can really be demanding with those special roles, scenes and stuff like that, but I guess that's how all directors are, a little weird in their own way...
How do I find someone in less than 2 days?? Okay, true, I have a lot of friends who might be candidates for the role but most of them are filming their own series or being part of one so they are busy...
Nothing, I seem to have a job waiting for me, dialing the phone numbers of everyone I know who might fit for this particular role...
I grabbed my jacket and headed for the car because we’re done for today and we won’t continue filming the next episode until I find a guy for the role...
"And let him be imposing, we need someone who will bring freshness to the series and make BOOM among the audience!" Greg added to his already complicated requirements when he saw me heading for the car and planning to go home.
"Do you have any other special wishes?" I asked with a sarcastic expression on my face.
"Well, when you ask, he could be...."
"Greg!! That was sarcasm!" I stopped him before he could think of anything else to add, got in the car, and headed home...

After a few unsuccessful calls and still not found role, I decided to take a break and watch what's on TV.
This is so familiar to me from somewhere, I know I’ve heard of this series somewhere, I thought as I watched a room full of LAPD cops and their station being shown on television.
And then it hit me from how I know it! This is Nathan's series, I remembered when I saw a group of rookies entering the room and among them of course Nathan.
I kept watching. I mean it won’t be anything if I watch the series he’s starring in, right? All actors do this to support their colleagues and I am certainly not the only one. What's the worst that can happen? Maybe even among these actors I find some potential candidate for the role of that spy...

"Hey, I'm home!" I heard Kris’s voice as I laughed at the scene that was just being played on television
"H..ey" I greeted, still unable to stop laughing at what I was watching
"What's so funny?" He asked confused when he came into the living room
"Oh, nothing, I'm just watching something" I simply replied.
"Then let’s laugh together!" He tried to laugh falsely and sat down next to me on the couch.
"Won't you eat dinner?" I asked trying to signal to him that dinner was waiting for him and that I would just watch television nothing else.
"Nope, I will watch television with MY wife" He said trying to sound nice and emphasizing 'my'

***
"Oho, isn't that our Canadian boy, who was drooling over you when you were on that series of yours?" Kris asked irritably through his teeth when Nathan appeared on television.
"It's not Canadian boy, it's Nathan, his name is Nathan..." I corrected him.
"Well, guess what I don't care if his name is Nathan or not-Nathan, I'm certainly not going to watch some moron run on TV and barely catch his breath because he's not even capable of running, but he's very capable of flirting with other people’s wives!!"
After finishing the monologue, he angrily got up from the couch, but soon returned:
"And you won't watch it either!" He roared, snatched the remote from my hand and turned off the television.
"And who are you to determine whether I will watch something on television or not?" I contradicted
"I'm your husband, not him!" He shouted as anger flashed from his eyes.
"That doesn’t mean you own me and can determine what I’m going to do at any given time!!" This time I was ready to fight back. "Who says?!" he snapped back.
"I say!!" I confirmed what I wanted to say, opened the door and walked out of the house.
"Where are you going? Maybe at your lover boy's house?!?" I heard him shouting from the doorstep as I walked away from the house, I know it’s already late and now isn’t the time to walk down the street but now I feel better here than there in the house with him. And after all, maybe some bar or cafe or something like that is still open...

Chapter 2 is here!!!

Hope you're excited for next one!

Chapter 3 soon🤍!

Vote&comment! <3

And of course stay safe!