Chapter 6

The morning sun hovered over the sky that covered Los Angeles...Which meant both Stana and Nathan would wake up soon, it's just a matter of who will be the first to do so?
Nathan, yes Nathan was the first to open his eyes to the rays of the sun shining through the window of his room...Now the cast has a break until filming a new episode of The Rookie, which meant that he doesn't have to get up at exactly eight in the morning to get to work, but this morning he still got up around that time...For some reason he can't sleep, but he actually knows exactly the reason why he can't sleep ... Everything Stana said yesterday still bothers him... True, she was angry and it was an outburst of anger, but what-what if a small part of her being really meant it...Those thoughts buried all of Nathan's good mood. Call him weak, but he can't handle it...Other people can write and say that he's the biggest idiot in the world, but when Stana said that, it ended him. He started doing breakfast, cooking, he always does that when he is upset and sad.
As he watched the American pancakes get their usual golden hue, like countless times these days, he started arguing with himself in his head. What the hell is he imagining?! This woman doesn't want him in her life this night she stayed with him because she has nowhere else to go, why would she want him at all, he is...he just doesn't even deserve a woman like Stana, maybe there are truths in what she said yesterday, that the media write all those ugly rumors about him because people consider him just like that...He will make breakfast, they will have breakfast together and...that will be it, until then Stana herself will probably want to go home, for God's sake she has a husband and he imagines that something could be between them...
While arguing with himself, he did not notice that the pancake that is currently being baked is burning, and when he noticed it was already too late... "Fuck everything, Nathan you're incapable of making a goddamn breakfast!!!" He cursed himself. Yes, he was angry, furious at himself for letting his feelings come to the surface, feelings for a person who he was sure didn't feel the same for him. "Hey, good morning, Nate"
A sleepy voice wished him good morning and he was ready to return greeting, but wait...Did she just call him 'Nate'?? No way why would she call him Nate? It sure only seems to him what he would like to hear but Stana's "Nate, are you okay, you look like you saw a ghost" convinced him that he heard well for the first time.
"Nate?" He asked in surprise when he was convinced that his hearing is OK and that he heard well. "Ya, that's what we called you, whole cast, remember? But if you don't like it we can go back to 'Nathan'." "Ya, then it will be Nate again" , he said with a smile, quite calm but in fact there was no happier man than him, if she wants to call him 'Nate', then it will be 'Nate', he would give her the whole world if she wanted, just to see that beautiful smile of hers once more, smile worthy of admiration. "So, I see you made breakfast, shall we?" Stana sat down at the table and smiled at Nathan who was still as if buried, standing in the same place he had stood when she came into the kitchen.
"Ya, ya, breakfast" Nathan agreed while he was still away with his thoughts, sat down at the table and he and Stana started eating the pancakes he had previously prepared...
"I hope it was delicious" Nathan started carrying dirty plates to the sink after breakfast was over. "It was phenomenal" Stana once again praised Nathan's culinary skills. "Um...uh...thanks...You probably want to go home now, don't you?" Nathan kind of fussy, semi-shyly composed a sentence and asked a question that had been at the tip of his tongue for so long and could no longer resist without asking, he knew, he assumed he would hear a affirmative form of answering his question, and he would love so much to be the other way around, but...He just gave in and waited for that painfully,hard 'yes' expand to the room...But Stana surprised him again and left him speechless with her "no, not really, I wouldn't go home, I even thought today none of us have to go to work so we could go for a walk to the beach or something like that, if you want of course" response and suggestion. Now Nathan doesn't understand anything anymore...Why and what kind of signals does she give him? What does she want with him and how does she feel about him? Does she feel anything at all? Or what exactly is all this? But of all these questions swirling in his head, he managed to utter a few intermittent words aloud. "A walk on the beach...Now in the middle of March?"
"Yes, why not? And even if it's cold, I have no doubt you'll lend me your jacket again, won't you?" Stana said with a smile as Nathan was still looking for the right word to say, but then he gave up and used the one that came to his mind first, the one that was so simple and yet so special in its own way:
"Always"

Chapter 6 is here!
I know, I know it's not something wow but... Hope you'll like it!
Chapter 7 soon🤍!
Chapter 7: walk at the beach