Chapter 15

The days went by, weeks passed,
sun was rising and setting in the Los Angeles sky every day anew, pain in Nathan's hand was diminishing, but his heart was a completely different story...once broken it is difficult to heal...but he was not the only one with a broken heart. She was the one who, just like him, was sitting alone in her apartment, is that a way to spend her days as her birthday approaches? Yes, her birthday...but what good is that birthday to her when she knows there is no chance of spending it with a smile on her face. First, she had not yet solved the situation with Kris, and second, what pierced her heart much more was the situation with Nathan. Does he miss her at all? Is he thinking about her or has he just simply given up on everything? These were the questions that went through her mind when she thought of Nathan, and it was quite common because in fact he was not leaving her thoughts at all. And on top of all this ungrateful situation, today was that day...the day when they had to film that kiss scene...

"There's a lot of heartbreak out there, So be kind & patient with each other" It stood in the description of her tweet and that was why he couldn’t find any new post on her Twitter... Yes! He had visited her Twitter, countless times in the past two weeks...What else could he do?? He needed, he had to see that smile of hers again, a smile that would make his heart beat twice as fast when he saw it, despite everything that had happened. "Heartbreak, kind, patient" Those were the three words that had remained etched in his mind since he first read it. Was he any kind to her that day? Did he have patience with her? Or is he the one who made her write heartbreak? Did he break her heart? At one point, Nathan was bothered by all these questions and he knew that day he was acting like a real asshole, hell, he slammed the door right in front of her! But again in another moment he justified his actions. What? She broke his heart, he can break hers, can't he? It was an act of a soldier of love, he sacrificed himself, he would even put a little poetry into it all to give himself even more for the right and support the decision he made that day. What the fucking act of a soldier? It was an act of a weakling, a real and great weakling. And so he would go on indefinitely, arguing with himself, giving himself right and then wrong, but he was interrupted in all this by a ringing of his phone. Is that her? Yes, yes it's her!

"He...hey" He was the first to utter a voice.

"At 9 you have to be there, we're filming!" She announced to him in a monotone voice. Why the hell would she show him that she was falling apart at the very sound of his voice when he had no need to call once in two weeks and ask how she is doing after he just slammed the door on her.

"You...you won't pick me up?" He asked confused, but deep down he knew it was what he deserved, but again he didn't want to admit it and he kept telling himself that it was her fault and that she had broken his heart.

"No, Nathan, I won't, I guess you're capable of coming on your own!" She, just like him, did not want to admit to herself, because for her he was the one who broke her heart. And each of them just found countless excuses instead of behaving the way their own heart is telling them to. "I am very capable of coming on my own, for your information!" Instead they continued with cold and raised tones and so turned this conversation into another quarrel. "Well done, do you want me to applaud you? Because you are 50 years old and you are able to start a car on your own and get somewhere!" Stana sarcastically frothed over the phone, without even knowing the reason for her outburst, but she just wanted to hurt him somehow, she wanted him to feel cruel and lifeless as she feels now.
"We continue where we left off last time, ha? You know what this is not my series but yours and that I will come today, I do only because I'm not such an asshole...and after you are free to delete my number because I don't need this!" They didn't even know why, but they had an indescribable need to hurt each other, they just wanted to show each other how miserable and helpless they feel when they are without each other. They just wanted to show each other that it was their destiny to be together, but neither of them dared to admit that they thought so.